Giro Empire (Black)

mbroady
mbroady Posts: 63
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Anyone know of any UK stockists? Seems like places just have the silver ones.

Comments

• ellj22
    ellj22 Posts: 122
    Distributed by Madison, probably the biggest cycling parts distributor and the main distributor of Shimano in the UK. Just did a quick search and found this for you. Doesn't look like they are in the country yet.
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Giro/E ... -2013/26WZ
    But your local Giro shoes stockist should be able to supply and give you an idea of their expected due date.

Hope this helps
  • mbroady
    Thanks bud, that's about the same info I dug up myself! I've reached out to Madison too so will hopefully hear from them at some point.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I've ordered a pair of the blue ones from http://www.7hundred.co.uk/ and they were very quick to respond to email. They've only got the silver and blue on the website but they might be able to do something....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I'm waiting for my LE electric blue ones to be delivered. Ordered them back in January. Stockists do have stock of the black and the silver, you just have to find them. I doubt very much if 7hundred will get all the sizes in, as the blue ones as there are only 400 pairs available globally. NB Madison are not very helpful, don't seem to have a clue, or at least that was the impression I got when I contacted them. Sigma Sport have been very good though.
  • meesterbond
    giant man wrote:
    I'm waiting for my LE electric blue ones to be delivered. Ordered them back in January. Stockists do have stock of the black and the silver, you just have to find them. I doubt very much if 7hundred will get all the sizes in, as the blue ones as there are only 400 pairs available globally. NB Madison are not very helpful, don't seem to have a clue, or at least that was the impression I got when I contacted them. Sigma Sport have been very good though.

Apparently I have the only pair of 45s they could get on pre-order. Dave at 7hundred said that the distributor is a bit vague with dates but the current eta is around May... A bit of a punt as I've no idea whether they'll fit but they look fantastic!
  • giant_man
    Yes I've been told May as well, should be worth the wait. 45s also for me ...
  • mbroady
    May 7th apparently. Pre-ordered from Sigma anyway, hopefully they'll get here a bit quicker than the estimate!
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Sigma told me that they'll only do black as a special order as they consider them to be a niche product. I bought the silver ones but sent them back. When/if they bring the same shoe out with a simple Boa system Ill buy them. The laces seemed more hassle than they were worth. Great looking shoes though, would look even better with Boa.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • giant_man
    laces are fine for me and so refreshing from the rest of the rachet-velcro shoes on offer ...
  • mbroady
    Hmm, SIgma told me May 7th but Madison have just told me they don't have a date for delivery.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Bike 24 in Germany have them in black, £214.00 tho.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • meesterbond
    I've got the blue ones on order and got a phone call today to tell me that Giro are changing their distributors in the UK in June / July so they're not going to be arriving in May as promised and they won't even have a date until July...

Most annoying, was hoping to have them for the Alps in July.
  • giant_man
    fluff me, Sigma are coming back to me about this ....
  • giant_man
    Been fu**ing cancelled! Aaarrrggghhhhh!!

No LE blue ones or even the black ones being brought into the UK, apparently due to a change of distributor, absolute madness!!
  • giant_man
    mroli wrote:
    Well you wouldn't, as the electric blue ones were strictly limited edition. Thanks for the link though ..
  • meesterbond
    Looks like I've probably just saved £200 then!

7Hundred were still expecting to receive the orders, but wouldn't know when until the new distributor was in place later this summer... Might drop them a line and see if they can confirm either way but my guess is that they haven't been told either way yet.
  • giant_man
    Finally got hold of a pair of the LE ones, had to get them from a dealer in US, I am too impatient to wait until the new Giro distributors do/don't bring them into the UK, so happy I got a pair. They're really nice too.

LEGiros_zpsae4da32f.jpg
  • mbroady
    Alls well that ends well, finally got a set off eBay. A fella won some of the Ltd Strava ones and popped them on eBay, got them for £112, not bad at all, lovely shoes. 5 pairs in the world too, pretty cool.

fc312b5cff6611e2aaa222000a1fb843_7.jpg
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Want!

Don't the laces get caught up in the drive train though?
  • mbroady
    Nah, theres a little elasticated tab half way down you tuck the laces under.