London to Glastonbury route

mtivnen
mtivnen Posts: 8
edited May 2013 in Tour & expedition
A friend and I are cycling to the festival this year. He did it once before but, relying entirely on Michelin , his route was high-traffic and very hilly (he's got no cartilage left in his knees so can't stand on the pedals. So I've come up with what looks like a flattish and not too A-road oriented route, but not knowing much of it myself I'm sure there will be sections where someone with a bit of local knowledge can photoshop out some of the busier roads. Any help gratefully received http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/187191722

Comments

• A few times in the past I've cycled London to North Cornwall so I'll give you a list of places I passed through on one of my routes that should be of use to you and you'll have to piece it together on an online map. I'm hopeless with tech so that's the best I can offer.

The route for me always starts at Staines railway st as I can't be arsed to cycle across London and goes through.
    Windsor great park, Winkfield Row, Binfield, Wokingham, Barkham, Spencers Wood, Grazeley Green, Ashford Hill, Enborne, Kintbury, Hungerford, Belmore Copse, Burbage, Pewsey, Upavon, Urchfont, Westbury, Frome, Chantry, Shepton Mallet, Wells and on to Glastonbury.

It's a pleasant route avoiding A roads as much as is practicle whilst still covering ground with no real stings in the tail either.

I hope this is of some use to you

JS
  • mtivnen
    mtivnen Posts: 8
    What an amazingly good route JS - I'll put it into mapmyride tomorrow to see the gradients. Thanks so much for that - really helpful