Any good routes doable from NW London

W12_Lad
W12_Lad Posts: 184
edited May 2013 in Road general
I've been road cycling now for about 6 months (after lots of "road" mountain biking for many years) and have seriously got the bug.
I live in NW London and my route selection has mainly consisted of "stealing" routes that people have put on the net. Obviously I don't get any real descriptions doing it this way as I don't get a chance to chat to the rider. So it is a little hit and miss.
So I was wondering if any of you can give me any recommendations for nice routes doable from home or I'm close to the Met line tube so can use that to get out Amersham way.
Distances/type - anything from 25 mile hilly to 70 mile flattish (actually anything!) I suppose.
My furthest so far is a hilly 45 miles but want to increase.
Thanks.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,255
    When I lived in Uxbridge, I used to head to Marlow via Bourne End and back via WInter Hill/Cookham... that was 40 miles and a really nice ride. You have to find "your lanes" but there are plenty round there... Include Burnham Beeches and cut off Beaconsfield and the A 40 as much as you can

As you get more confident, you can push towards Hambleden and the area around, which is stunning... more of a 60 miler and quite hilly
    left the forum March 2023
  • W12_Lad
    W12_Lad Posts: 184
    Thanks for your reply Ugo.
    I haven't ridden that area yet. Looks ideal for me.
    Planning a route right now!