What helmet???

Chris.air
Chris.air Posts: 14
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, looking for new helmets for myself and wife. Mainly trails nothing to extrem tho :shock: looking to spend around the £60 mark for each helmet.

Thanks Chris

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Go and try some on. Fit is important.
  • Chris.air
    It's finding a outlet close by (Glasgow) that sells a good variation of helmets :(
  • mcnultycop
    Evans Glasgow must be decent sized?
  • SteveH28
    SteveH28 Posts: 44
    Hi,
    Im also after a helmet for trails at £50/£60 mark.
    There are several shops near me but was wondering if theres any brand/model that anyone would recomend for good safety and ventilation?? If theres any in a dayglo or fluorescent colour then bonus!!
  • Chris.air
    Evans It is then. Mcnultycop would you know if they stock most of what they have online as I have seen a couple that I like? :P

Thanks
  • Hypnoticjam
    Hypnoticjam Posts: 42
    Alpine at St George's Cross, beside the underground, have a good variety/stock to try hats on.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Do try the Boardmans at Halfords, very nicely made and the price is bang on your budget.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mcnultycop
    Chris.air wrote:
    Evans It is then. Mcnultycop would you know if they stock most of what they have online as I have seen a couple that I like? :P

Thanks

I haven't got a clue, I live about 200 miles away. I just checked on their website to make sure Evans had a Glasgow branch.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    edited May 2013
    The 661 recon and fox flux are both popular. I have the former and like it.

Try those if you can.
  • jestter
    jestter Posts: 4
    Just bought a Catlike Leaf. Brilliant!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    SteveH28 wrote:
    Hi,
    Im also after a helmet for trails at £50/£60 mark.
    There are several shops near me but was wondering if theres any brand/model that anyone would recomend for good safety and ventilation?? If theres any in a dayglo or fluorescent colour then bonus!!

Specialized Tactic II 2013 comes in at £55:

p4pb8535059.jpg

http://www.specialized.com/media/review ... et_MBR.pdf
  • SteveH28
    SteveH28 Posts: 44
    Sweeeeet!!! Will go have a look at the weekend then! Cheers.
  • Chris.air
    Thanks all :D
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    SteveH28 wrote:
    Sweeeeet!!! Will go have a look at the weekend then! Cheers.

I went to buy one last week, but I wanted black, which are on back order until late May (they'd told me they were getting some in that day, but they only got two, and they'd both sold before I got there, and it was a 30 mile round trip, grrr), but they had green in stock. Loved the helmet, it just wasn't my colour.
  • dhooper7
    dhooper7 Posts: 156
    Love my Giro Hex.
    Very good review on here
    2011 Specialized Enduro Comp
    2014 Boardman Hybrid Comp
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    I'm looking at getting a Fox Flux. They're £60/£70, which is a little more than I'd like (£50) but I hear it's really rather good.
    I work in a bike shop, so try get me some discount and order one. I shall be digging on this tomorrow :P