Bikes frm chain reaction

Flubsterunited
Flubsterunited Posts: 29
edited May 2013 in Commuting general
Just ordered a new bike from chain reaction, does anybody know how they will arrive? Ie how much building up I will need to do?
12 year old claud butler MTB
2012 giant defy 0 (black is slimming you know!)

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Just ordered a new bike from chain reaction, does anybody know how they will arrive? Ie how much building up I will need to do?

In a box, from a carrier - they should have told you who are delivering it - tracking number etc?

It will come 99% assembled, you will have to attach the pedals and the handle bars i'd imagine, Probably will need a bit of tweaking to get the gears and brakes set up correctly, if your not comfortable doing this then speak to your lbs or look at you tube.

Tools should be included for the pedals
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Underscore
    Underscore Posts: 730
    I bought my daughter a bike from CRC. It came boxed with the pedals removed and the handlebars turned through 90 degrees. All the gears, brakes, etc. were correctly adjusted - I simply had to straighten the bars, tighten the stem and attach the pedals. From memory, there weren't any tools included to perform this but all that's needed is an Allen key and a 15mm spanner.

_
  • As above, mine came boxed and fully assembled with wheels attached. Just had to rotate the handlebars. Gears were already indexed etc. so it was ready to ride (once handlebars and saddle height set). Mine didn't come with pedals, though it was a performance bike. It did however come with a couple of tools (multitool, and I think a pedal spanner), water bottle, and shoulder bag.
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    I've bought 2 bikes off them, first one needed front wheel and pedals fitted, second just needed the pedals and bars turned round, I ordered another but after 4 days they emailed saying they couldn't complete the order and I got a refund, I'm waiting on news of another one I ordered, but if you don't get a despatched message inside a couple of days, fear the worst.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • Thanks guys, even for the daft reply!!! I realised in a box! It's a performance sort oh bike, just didn't know if I needed to book it in to lbs now for the box of parts to be assembled. No problems with setting it up enough for me to get going
  • rubertoe
    Thanks guys, even for the daft reply!!! I realised in a box! It's a performance sort oh bike, just didn't know if I needed to book it in to lbs now for the box of parts to be assembled. No problems with setting it up enough for me to get going

You'll be fine, Bikes are pretty simple beasts really.

Not allot can go wrong.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    rubertoe wrote:
    Not allot can go wrong.
    Famous last words! ;)
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    rubertoe wrote:
    Not allot can go wrong.

Not until you start to ride it that is... :mrgreen:
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Lots can go wrong when you ride them or more often when stopping (we won't talk about the unclip incidence outside the McDonald's!)
  • rubertoe
    Lots can go wrong when you ride them or more often when stopping (we won't talk about the unclip incidence outside the McDonald's!)

Everyone has this

well not everyone, I havent #smugface

• Except the front shifter apparently!!!