Specialized Allez Sport £200 Upgrade

robbo8989
robbo8989 Posts: 42
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
I currently have a Specialized Allez Sport 2010 and I've been bitten by the upgrade bug! So far all I've changed is the bar tape and saddle. The rest of my money has mainly been spent on clothing. However, I've got around £200 to spend and I'm dying to upgrade something which might show a small increase in performance. I know it's not a massive amount and common advice is to put it towards a new bike. However I won't be considering a new bike until this time next year, or possibly even the year after, at which point the Allez will become my winter bike.

My first thoughts are to swap the Continental Ultra Sport tyres for GP4000s and change the Mavic CXP22 wheels. At the minute I had Fulcrum Racing 7's in mind but I'm unsure whether the 10/11 speed hubs would work with my 9 speed Sora?Would there be better ways to spend the £200?

Comments

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    If I had £200 only then I would buy a Garmin Edge 500 with speed and cadence and HRM. Alternatively save a bit more and get some handbuilt wheels from one of the Bike Radar wheel building sages.