Pish up in a brewery, with bikes.

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,249
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
Here. What could possibly go wrong?
I'm tempted to try and get a day pass to go along to this. I could cycle there along the downs link, getting back could be a problem.

Comments

• sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Road Trip! Cycle there (and back?)
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • veronese68
    Possibly, need to check out the lay of the land with all of the family stuff first.
  • sketchley
    Bugger just seen date, premiership rugby final that day, if quins are in it I'll be going to that.
    --
    Chris

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Not sure I'd want to ride back to London after a load of beers and wouldn't know where to leave the bike. Looks like it's a fair ride out of Brighton, so not sure riding over and then catching the train would even be an option...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • sketchley
    The downs link is very near by, disused railway track back to christ hospital then the train about an hour to London Bridge.... easy....... not for really skinny tyres mind....
    --
    Chris

• veronese68
    Downs link is kind of like the Richmond Park trail, not for very skinny tyres but not MTB only. I'd be tempted to ride there along the Thames for a bit, over to Guildford and then along the Downs Link. I wouldn't want to ride all the way back having had a skinfull.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Sketchley wrote:
    The downs link is very near by, disused railway track back to christ hospital then the train about an hour to London Bridge.... easy....... not for really skinny tyres mind....

I ridden parts with the bike that got stolen so 25mm though marathon plus so could be run at low ish pressures.

My sister is dropping her car off to park up that day so I can't but I love the idea!
  • sketchley
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Downs link is kind of like the Richmond Park trail, not for very skinny tyres but not MTB only. I'd be tempted to ride there along the Thames for a bit, over to Guildford and then along the Downs Link. I wouldn't want to ride all the way back having had a skinfull.

I'd go with that, rugby permitted, 28mm tyres on the genesis should cope. Way back is back up the down link, nice and easy, no cars to hit, stop at Christ Hospital Station then train to Clapham Junction (maybe a change at E Croydon) then home.
    --
    Chris

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I that Spin in Shoreditch then I'll be there with Chippy Minton of Friday for beers, tunes and bikes. If your going to b there let me know a We can hook up for a beer
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • veronese68
    Looks like i've got a pass, assuming nothing crops up in the meantime. Anybody else game? Richmond Park(ish) down the river to Weybridge, over to Guildford then the Downs Link to Partridge Green. Total of 50 miles then a few beers and a short ride and train home.
    What's the spin in Soreditch Rob? Not planning on it, but am hoping to get out for a few more rides and beers this year.
  • sketchley
    I'm in if quins don't get,to final
    --
    Chris

• veronese68
    I know you'd be happier if 'quins make the final, so look at it as the possible silver lining.