Cheapest place for GENUINE replacement oakley lenses

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
google suggest that flakjacket xlj lenses can be had for around 50 notes form anumber of places, most seem genuine. the oakley shop suggests these should be around 90 boof.

does anyone know why the discrepancy apart from the obvious, and can they recommend a good genuine retailer of them at a reasonable price, as google shopping lists myriad stores, so from someones own expereince of these would be welcome.

Comments

• pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    cyclestore.co.uk is usually my first port of call, or google 'cricket supplies oakley'
  • yeah i can google flakjacket xlj's but loads of stores come up, im comfused by the massive variance in price for the exact same lenses so wondered if there were any known to be iffy. i will check out cyclestore
  • pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    indeed, there's disparity, but 'Cricket Supplies' is a website and usually cheap for oakley - http://www.cricketsupplies.com/acatalog/Oakley.html
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    google suggest that flakjacket xlj lenses can be had for around 50 notes form anumber of places, most seem genuine. the oakley shop suggests these should be around 90 boof.

does anyone know why the discrepancy apart from the obvious, and can they recommend a good genuine retailer of them at a reasonable price, as google shopping lists myriad stores, so from someones own expereince of these would be welcome.

The difference is probably between polarised and non polarised. The former being around £90 and the latter £50. I got mine from shade station for £50. The price and service were excellent. Highly recommended.