Dont know if i should laugh or cry ?

ilovegrace
ilovegrace Posts: 677
edited April 2013 in Road general
Riding to work this morning , on the drops down doing a fair lick down a 20 % hill a deer comes out of the woods straight in front of me.
No chance to brake turn etc , just had to keep going , I hit it on its a*** end and I dont know how ,but Istayed upright and cycled on.
Got to work a little shakey but in one piece. Which is more than I can say about the bike.
Checked the wheel and fork after I hit the deer and all was well , parked the bike up and noticed a mark on the downtube ,on a closer look I could see that the tube was dented and the paint cracked.
Relativly new Giant cx bike .
So all in all I know how bad things could have been but a bit sick about the bike.
Phoned my LBS and they say that the frame will be a right off , can aluminim frames be repaired ?

Comments

• more importantly how was the deer?
  • ilovegrace
    dead if I had a gun!
  • Bad luck mate.

Hopefully the frame is under warranty - the LBS should help, as long as they're the dealer for the brand.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Bad luck mate.

Hopefully the frame is under warranty - the LBS should help, as long as they're the dealer for the brand.

Why would damage to the frame caused by an accident be covered by the warranty?

Household insurance perhaps but not the warranty.
  • ilovegrace
    Niether I am afraid ?
    unless I can claim off the deer ?
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    That's going to be very deer to fix !!!

Sorry :D hope you sort it.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    The landowner was allowing his wild animals to run wild. Probably some earl using venison as a tax dodge.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    D'oh!
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    JGSI wrote:
    The landowner was allowing his wild animals to run wild. Probably some earl using venison as a tax dodge.

'was allowing his wild animals to run wild' :roll:

'some earl...venison... tax dodge' - are you a Daily Mirror reader?

Glad the OP isn't injured. Shame about the frame.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro