Front suspension

ScarV1
ScarV1 Posts: 8
edited April 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi, sorry for the noob questions but I have recently bought a second hand mtb to get back into it and found that even though I could jump a few months ago I seem to now be going all over the shore, something just doesn't feel right when taking off.. I have checked my bike and noticed that the PSI in my front shocks was at 0..... I was wondering if this would cause me to feel like the bike is not hitting a straight line when taking off normal sized jumps....

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the fork is a?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ScarV1
    Sorry, it's an old bike, Marin east peak with rock shox pilot...
  • nicklouse
    ScarV1 wrote:
    Sorry, it's an old bike, Marin east peak with rock shox pilot...
    not old.

which Pilot? XC or SL or?

there are a few.

and what year?

or post up a picture.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • ScarV1
    image_zps869c4462.jpg
  • nicklouse
    ok pilot SL.

what is your weight? not that it gives a good guide.

what is a better option is to see how much sag you get in normal riding position (you want about 20%) and add or take air away.
    <65 kg - none
    65-72 kg 0-5 psi
    72-82 kg 5-10 psi
    82-90 kg 10-15 psi
    >99 kg 15-20 psi
  • ScarV1
    I'm 78kg...

When you say sag do you mean how much it compresses when just riding on a flat??
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    ScarV1 wrote:
    I'm 78kg...

When you say sag do you mean how much it compresses when just riding on a flat??
      something like that, look here
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/artic ... sag-34289/
      also if its the same pilot my mate has on his eastpeak, it isn't an air fork, it's a coil with air assist, and it's likely from the early 2000's, probably needs a service
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • ScarV1
    Cheers guys....