The 'Sun's out, get out and do something' Sunday thread

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning you lazy feckers,

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet while the Mad Cow and the Ankle Biter go get some shopping :) This afternoon we're off up into town to see Chelski play Swansea. I'll see whether I can spot any English or Welsh players on the pitch today :roll:
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning slags

Revision meh today. Got the house to myself which is nice, it's taken a while to knuckle down, and admittedly I've got distracted in 5 minutes, but it can only get better from here right?

TTFN
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I think Swansea have 1 welsh player lol.

Today I'm going to a christening. Gutted as all the lads ate off to Cwm Rhayader :(

The gf's patents arrive today to stay with us. Not too bad as they usually buy us a takeaway on the first night :) and also her dads a plumber and I've got a leak in the kitchen ceiling coming from the shower!

Laters
  • Trying to recover from too much rum last night.... urgh.

Need bacon.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    had a great day at the army navy rugby yesterday, didnt get too drunk and actully got to see a little bit of the match!

today i will be nursing a hangover and doing nowt else.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning slags

Revision meh today. Got the house to myself which is nice, it's taken a while to knuckle down, and admittedly I've got distracted in 5 minutes, but it can only get better from here right?

TTFN
    You seem a lot more devoted to your uni work than i am :lol:

I have an online submission tonight and i've left the final 500 words till now. Naturally i also want to go outside given the weather so i'll probably just slack off and walk to the shop for a cornetto...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Just back from a 75 mile ride in the wind and am knackered, now onto cleaning the cars, etc, Sunday Bloody Sunday
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning slags

TTFN
    You seem a lot more devoted to your uni work than i am :lol:

I have an online submission tonight and i've left the final 500 words till now. Naturally i also want to go outside given the weather so i'll probably just slack off and walk to the shop for a cornetto...

:lol: I just did exactly that, got a bit bored and decided the weather warranted a trip out.

It's not fair, I'm on one of the more popular routes out of London for cyclists, so literally while I've been working this morning a few hundred roadies have gone past, and a handful of mountain bikers... good thing I've left the bikes at home until after exams are over.
  • bennett_346
    I live at home since my uni is local and i wanted to save money (for bikes) so my bikes are always here to distract me lol.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Trying to recover from too much rum last night.... urgh.

Need bacon.

There is no such thing as too much rum, in the same way there is no such thing as too much bacon.

Afternoon fudgenudgers,

Been at work since 9, busy morning serving normal folks breakfast and coffee. Presently pretending I'm doing payroll, whilst actually drinking coffee, eating smarties and playing tinterwebz.

Later
  • bennett_346
    Rum is a ladies drink.

Or a pirate's.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon Losers!

Well, today's been busy, sadly it's all work and no play though. Sang a solo in front of army people which was fun, now I'm playing an organ in front of cubs and scouts (fnar) and I have loads of solos in a service tonight.

Going back to work tomorrow will actually be a relief!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Been for a spin, feeling it at the moment.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Blimey busy day being a farm hand today. Was at the farm early to help with milking the cows, then driving tractors with large machinery attached to the front and back, then sorting out fat sheep to go to market tomorrow morning (so am battered and bruised from catching them, checking them over and then shearing their bellies so they are clean to cut open after slaughter), more driving of large tractors, feeding the orphan lambs which live on the lawn at the moment and cleaning out sheds. The good thing about this is I am shattered as have been outside all day, and running around fields, I got two breakfasts (including two big fat bacon and egg sandwiches for my second breakfast) and have had lots of food to eat today and have been given lots of food to come home with.

Also win is that housemate and idiot boyfriend are now on holiday so I have a nice quiet house for a week. :D
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    What a ballache of a weekend.
    Saturday I manfully battled my hangover to little avail and didn't start rebuilding my bike 'till gone 12. Bike now thoroughly sorted, but afternoon riding went out the window. In the evening my mate helped me change my rear discs on the van - which of little use considering that it was the rear ones that were gone. Me an the old man then spent the best part of five hours fighting with the rear discs including an entertaining hour spent driving round trying to get a piston retraction tool. We finished just as the weather turned, so no riding today either.

Hopefully next week is an improvement.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces