Shenanigans....

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited November 2013 in Your pics and vids
Going to post any videos I manage to put together in here...

Thursday Eve Shenanigans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFDZdVmVB1Y

Sunday Morn Shenanigans - Cwmcarn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv8QTnMkBCY

Thursday Eve Shenanigans - Drop Practice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUYc8q6Ly8o

Thursday Eve Again - 1st Full Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ0L59n5s10

Comments

• Short one added today for now, went back up the woods to explore a bit and practice some drops.

Will get the full run uploaded tomorrow.... went skiing off the back of the bike :lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I've got to hop off it more. my front wheel drops way too much
  • Got the full run up... did alright considering I was riding it pretty blind for the most part lol!
  • welshkev
    Apologies for the bad language, I didn't think I'd be able to stop lol
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Considering that cameras flatten out the terrain, I'm guessing it was pretty damn steep!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • welshkev
    Considering that cameras flatten out the terrain, I'm guessing it was pretty damn steep!

yeah it's proper steep! i think i have a video of the bit where I nearly crash in the back of ben with us trying to walk up it, i'll see if I can find it :D
  • oh for summer dusty trails again. better note rear mech posted this morn curtiousy of crc.

matt
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    oh for summer dusty trails again

Amen to that :(

Looks like someone nearly got very intimate with that tree in the first vid's outtakes, lol.
  • welshkev
    Yeah, that'd be me lol
  • Kowalski675
    welshkev wrote:
    Yeah, that'd be me lol

Did you stop before you actually hit it, lol?
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    Yeah, that'd be me lol

Did you stop before you actually hit it, lol?

sort of. I sort of contorted around the tree enough for it not to hurt too much. I was lucky the way I hit it that my body could bend around it, if it'd been an arm or a leg it would've hurt :lol:
  • Kowalski675
    You're literally a tree hugger, lol. Looks like the back just lost grip and lowsided you?
  • welshkev
    It was actually the front wheel. Just started to wash out on the wet mud and off I went lol
  • Kowalski675
    My eyes must be deceiving me. I watched it a few times and thought the rear let go first.
  • welshkev
    My eyes must be deceiving me. I watched it a few times and thought the rear let go first.

I've just watched in super stop start motion lol, I can see why you think that. ben brakes in front of me so I hit the rear brake, it's locked up and skidding slightly, then the front washes out :D
  • Kowalski675
    Still hurt the same, either way, lol.
  • Kowalski675
    Yup, still looks paiful from there, lol. I must ge losing my marbles, I read the catipon as Ken and Bev, lol. Looks like a nice little spot you've got for riding locally there.
  • welshkev
    Looks like a nice little spot you've got for riding locally there.

yeah, that's about 5 mins from my house, 1 of 5 trails equally as good 8)
  • Kowalski675
    Nice. I have woods and moorland near me, despite living in a built up area. Can do a 25 mile loop door to door with only about half of a mile on tarmac.
  • Aye tis nice, fast and steep down there (so much so, I couldn't bloody stop :lol: )

We need to get back up there for a day Kev! Snow next week, should be fun :wink:
  • welshkev
    Aye tis nice, fast and steep down there (so much so, I couldn't bloody stop :lol: )

We need to get back up there for a day Kev! Snow next week, should be fun :wink:

wasn't the first time we rode there in the snow?

I remember it was me, you, niel and maybe matt?