Position on Bike

Hurricane151
Hurricane151 Posts: 632
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes.

Just bought a new bike and set up the rear section as per my bike fit details (seat position fore / aft and seat height etc). The new bike is however slightly lower and a little longer but that is what I was after to get a better race position compared to the sportive set up i had previously.

The issue I am having is that I find myself sliding further forward on the seat so I am sat on the front 2/3 more than on the meat of the saddle (if that makes sense).

What could be the issues for this?

front end too low?
seat a bit too high? (my measurments might be off slightly)
seat to far back? ( there isn't much room for additional adjustment on this using the seatpost that I have currently)

Any ideas are welcomed.

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    There could be any number of things causing it as you've already suggested.

But on top of what you've already said, it could just be that you need to adjust to the new longer, lower position with more weight through your arms.

Just try forcing the new position for a few rides and see how it feels. You should be able to tell pretty quickly if its a saddle position issue or a front end issue because you'll be in pain in the corresponding area :wink:
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    I would;

a) check seat is totally flat using a spirit level
    b) move seat forward a little bit to see if this helps (to the limits of what the seat/post allows).
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    The position you have on the bike can be more complex than moving the saddle. So, do a bit of reading up about it. Try http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm for a start. With loads of others on Google
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.