just done my first 50

nik6158
nik6158 Posts: 32
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
training for the loughborough sportive on may 5th i've been out and done my 1st 50 miles with 2600ft of climbing, legs feel pooped now but i'm buzzing i just want to keep going further and further :D

Comments

• Emphursis
    Emphursis Posts: 124
    I did my first 40 last weekend training for the same sportive! Much easier than I expected, although not as comfortable as I'd hoped it'd be with two weeks to go, damn snow...
    Are you doing the 100k?
  • Riggsy12
    Riggsy12 Posts: 156
    Good going fella!
  • nik6158
    yes mate i'm doing the 100k me and a couple of blokes from work are doing it, then we're doing the 100 mile nottingham ride in june. today was the 1st time i've been on my bike in 4 weeks so really took it out of me but i need to get the training miles in now as i thought i'd be further along but weather and work have ruined my training plan.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Look out for me at Notts

newthumb.php?iid=2851911&width=600&height=600

From last year :) (guy with the cam on his head)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • nik6158
    will keep an eye out for you mate, i believe you live near my work so will keep an eye out when commuting as well.
  • mikeouk
    mikeouk Posts: 148
    nik6158 wrote:
    training for the loughborough sportive on may 5th i've been out and done my 1st 50 miles with 2600ft of climbing, legs feel pooped now but i'm buzzing i just want to keep going further and further :D

good going, its a great feeling when you start doing some big rides. I bought a bike march 2012, hadnt done any road cycling for 25 years, i used to do loads as a teenager, so getting back on a bike didnt feel alien to me, just started with a few 10 mile rides and kept upping my mileage, by august I managed to do an 82 mile ride, it wasnt planned, just went out for a ride with some mates, they had to go home at about 40 miles so i decided to carry on, i was looking at the mileage on my garmin and decided to go for 60, then thought "i can do 70 here" then thought "sod it, ill go for 80", was at my limit by then, but was well chuffed.