MissCMC and Waylander (aka Wednesday) Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Normal work today, followed by Music Theory lesson number 1. Decided to finally to take the test by doing a short course, it's only taken me about 15 years to be bothered to do it.

The start for the hunt of Minion Mark II has begun, which is interesting as I've just found a job that is exactly the same as what I do now, only no managerial responsibilities and more money. Oh, and closer to home. Hmmmm

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning twunts!

Sat in a turkish military departure lounge en route to see the carnage left by sheepsteeth! Got six hours notice which i thought was nice!

Dunno how long i'm gonna be there for but hope its long enough for a medal as i like a bit of shiny shiny!

Anyone know the turkish for "bring me bacons!"

Laters.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

The sun is shining and I'm off to ride some bicycles with that Gazlar fella at Long Mynd.

If you don't hear from me again by tomorrow, please send a search party. There's some bigass ditches down that way.

Later
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

tired and hungover today as 3 bottles of wine were consumed last night between me and mrs welshkev.

went out for a great ride first. the first one of the year with short sleeves and no lights needed 8)

I need bacons

laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    bg13 wrote:

Islamic nation - it doesn't do pork.

Mornin' sock cookers,

Bleah day ahead (but I shall make the most of it!) followed by out-with-friends tonight. Hoped to take full-susser out for a ride this weekend but last week the rear shock did spill it's seed 'pon the ground, so it's away being warrantied. Foxing thing.

Onwards! To caffiene! And phone calls!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning All,

Couldn't sleep so am at the office early.

Went for my ride last night which was nice, good to spin the legs and let the mind wander. See what today brings eh.

Laters
  • Morning people

Knees aching this morning after doing a decent ride on the other one, work meh until 2 then rest required.

No bacons for rest of week as I really need to lose some poundage, note to self don't try to keep up with 23 year olds on climbs it does not work!!

Tarrah
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • bg13
    Clank wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Mornin' sock cookers,

well some local bloke just offered me some sausage! What do i do?

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Clank
    bg13 wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Mornin' sock cookers,

Did he look like Gary Glitter?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• bg13
    Clank wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Mornin' sock cookers,

Did he look like Gary Glitter?

Now you mention it, yes! Mmmmmmm what to do?

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • unquestioned
    unquestioned Posts: 172
    edited April 2013
    Morning Bottom banditos.

Work is most likely going to be slow but bacons shall come later when I shovel a full breakfast down my throat.

Biking later, I may die.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,820
    morning

work grief is already in full swing and it isn't yet 8am :(

Bright side just had a text seeing if I fancy going to hanchurch later - so might be some win later.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Shift lotto continues and I find myself on earlies today with delights of on call as well. Hoping to get a cheeky bike ride in later as well and today is payday, so my crystal ball predicts a large amount of curry in my future. That should help matters.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Clank
    bg13 wrote:
    Now you mention it, yes! Mmmmmmm what to do?

Just ask him to wash it first.

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    well.... my day is finished here...... public holiday tomorrow and a freezer full of bacon.......... WIN
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Plenty to do today but unfortuantly its day 1 of 3 in london, but its canary wharf today then the wrong side for two.

Just counting the minutes to bacons and yet more coffees.

Night ride tonight, Which is nice.

Toodles.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Really exciting day planned here. Revision. The exciting part is that the fridge is full of meatilicious pork and beef products and there's a sponge cake downstairs too. Nomnom.

TTFN
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    edited April 2013
    bg13 wrote:

Laters.

Isnt it...."OI, GEEZER.......BACON.......POR...FAVOUR...i dont think he understood me....OI....wheres he off to now.......hope he dont bring any foreign muck"?

Morning Scuttlers

As previously advertised off to play ditches.....i mean bikes with that Ste_t fella also. This means im
    n a train, sausage in hand as well as all the other breakfast ungredients.

Fooked as yesterdays 1am finish turned into nearly 2am due to routine engineering works.

Anyway thatll do pig, thatll do

So if the good lord spares us and the creeks dont rise ill report back when im finished up

Now get out
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bwfc4eva868
    bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    Morning. Woke up an hour ago with a lovely fry up by the missus who has just got in from work. And now thinks it's a good idea to start hoovering on her underwear, I'm not complaining. No biking still as I have had a knee brace put back on by the Consultant last week. Fibula fracture is still hurting and I have physio later which is more like torture.

Hoping to be able do some light off road stuff in a couple of weeks so giving the bike it's ready for summer clean and lube.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,962
    I seem to have acquired a bike with curly handlebars...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Busy start to the day. The boss man has already been into my office twice this morning to whinge about other departments and asking me to sort out his shizzle.

Minion recruitment is progressing at a snail’s pace. Finally got some interviewees lined up for next week so hopefully have someone in place before too long.

Swimming was good last night but I feel extra tired this morning. Slept fine but just not enough of it.

Early finish today I think so I can go fetch some lawn feed and weed in town.

Later……
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Ouch this morning. Legs hurting from gym last night. However feel much better for having been. Just a bit tired today though due to lack of sleep due to the fact that I woke up at about 2am starving.

Discovered this morning that I have finally burst my black skinny jeans right on the bum so they met their maker as I left the house. This required a whole outfit for the day rethink. I liked those jeans. Hmmm good excuse for shopping though.

Nothing exciting planned today. Good news last night was that the housemate and her idiot boyfriend are off on holiday on Sunday, which means a week of peace and quiet for me at the house and not being woken up to the smell of burning eggs and liver. It also means that I can make a mess, leave my washing all over the place and not have to do the washing up if I don't want to.

Day off tomorrow... apparently I am going to school to help with chicken club...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:

Discovered this morning that I have finally burst my black skinny jeans right on the bum so they met their maker as I left the house. This required a whole outfit for the day rethink. I liked those jeans. Hmmm good excuse for shopping though.

quote]

at least it happened where you could go and change. not like me one time where it happened at a club and I was going commando at the time :shock:
  • Thewaylander
    I'm glad i didn't see that Kev, i got enough issues not sleeping at the moment :)
  • MissCMC
    You were in skinny jeans? That's a big no no for men in my book. Yes lucky in the sense that I could get changed I guess. Just realising that skinny jeans are not my friend at the moment. Legs are too tight but waist is too big and finding the right leg length is just annoying. Not all of us have a 29" inside leg.

Have you tried Valerian tea? It knocks me out.
  • Thewaylander
    What the Feck is that?

And baggy baggy jeans all the way.. built for comfort cos im so ugly i can't make it much worse witht he way i dress.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    i bet you listen to korn as well dont you.
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    You were in skinny jeans? That's a big no no for men in my book. Yes lucky in the sense that I could get changed I guess. Just realising that skinny jeans are not my friend at the moment. Legs are too tight but waist is too big and finding the right leg length is just annoying. Not all of us have a 29" inside leg.

no not skinny jeans, my arse would never fit into those :lol:
  • MissCMC
    Valerian is a herbal tea. Clipper do a sleep easy blend which has valerian in. It might be psychological but when I drink it it does help me sleep. Alternatively a swig of homemade sloe gin (with extra extra gin in it) also works.

Oh god are you in an FML mood? Personally I am - there is one noisy girl in the office I would currently really like to punch in the face and I know that would make me feel much better. Unfortunately employment tribunals say you can't do that for some reason.

And you are male. Baggy jeans are acceptable. Apparently for girls they are not anymore... something to do with fashion. Oh and looking presentable in work, as meeting clients in jeans with holes in or my last client meeting outfit of hoody and denim miniskirt with patterned tights apparently wasn't professional.
  • Thewaylander
    No i don't listen to Korn, The cat empire and madness, recently enjoying a bit of folk type stuff too..

And don't listen to them being scruffy is the way.
  • MissCMC
    Oh I'm scruffy most of the time. Just have to behave at the moment due to promotion. Summer is round the corner - shorts will be my outfit of choice shortly.

I'm quite liking the new Frank Turner stuff at the moment.