The 'Cr4p I Slept in!' Tuesday Morning...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Once again my phone's battery decided to die during the night, even though I checked it when I went to bed and it said 50%. Hmmmm

Well, last night I got my yellow belt! I'm happy I got it, but it wasn't my best performance, so it feels a bit like a hollow victory. We will be spending a few months perfecting our technique now though. I have managed to bust my knee up though, seems to be aching a lot this morning :?

Anywho, filling in applications, sorting out new minions and 'work' will be today. Then (maybe) meeting up with Hot Librarian later for a drink.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning abusers, congrats on the yellow belt TKM - will you be putting any moves on the hot librarian later?

In work far to early for my liking, but I need to get on top of the workload as I have Friday & a big chunk of next week off as we are heading to the west country for NPS round 2, one thing's for certain the weather has to be better than round 1 which was a winter wonderland brrrrrrrr!

Time for coffee I think
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    TKM - Well done on the belt.

Tired this morning after some hard badminton games last night. Slept well but resident blackbird was in full voice again this morning. I have bacons for lunch, lots of bacons for lunch, so that will see me through the morning. Swimming tonight so that is something else to look forward to.

Need some tea to kick start the day.

Later......
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    TKM have you got a matching outfit for your new yellow belt? (not the White one)

Pilch, Good luck matey.

I am indeed very tired this morning, fannying about all night in the man cave was nice and relaxing and got it almost all sorted now, bikes fettled with also. When i did manage to get to bed, i kept getting pins and needles in my arms, god i hate that.

Today see's a fight with the M25 and a gazillion emails.

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Day off and off to the zoo, so my day is definitely a winner.

toodles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Working from home today so not too many disturbances hopefully. Got to visit the chiropodist today as I've got a painfull foot - hope its an easy fix as I've got a 10k race in a couple of weeks.

Well done tkn

Laters
  • thekickingmule
    pilch wrote:
    Morning abusers, congrats on the yellow belt TKM - will you be putting any moves on the hot librarian later?
    Possibly. Possibly ;)
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    TKM have you got a matching outfit for your new yellow belt? (not the White one)
    I think it's a good excuse to buy a blue gi now, that'll look better than the white one.

Also, I didn't realise the date. Happy St. George's Day everyone!
    St+Georges+Girl.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning drongo's

Lovely day today i intend on going out on the bike.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

very tired today. my son has ecszma (I never know how to bloody spell it!) and last night he spent most of the night crying cos he was itching so much. it feels horrible not being able to help someone you care for so much, I couldn't imagine if there was something seriously wrong with him and me being helpless.

but enough of that sad crap.

it's sunny and i'm off out for a ride later.

see ya's
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Woke up by the door knocking this morning, turned out to be next door grr. anyway, the formalitlies, congrats on the yellow belt Sensai Mule, I hope it shall take pride of place in your dojo.

Right onto what you're all here for, to hear about me. I have bacon and scrambled eggs on the go and I'm just doing the clamps up on Amy to give her a good clean as she's a dirty girl. I think Im, taking her up the Long Mynd tommorrow for a bit of a recky. If I have time I shall be popping into the gym this afternoon for a quick hour before heading into the old workplace to transport poor and lazy people around.

This shall suffice for info for now, so if the good Lord spares us and the creeks dont rise, I shall share more thoughts, dreams, hopes and aspirations with you through the course of the day

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    welshkev Does he have eczema all over him, or is it in a localised spot? (How old is he, that might matter too). If it's a localised spot, say his feet, get some Hydrocortisone from the pharmacist, apply that to the area, then a few minutes later add some E45 moisturiser. If it's a larger area that needs covering, just apply lots of E45 moisturiser.

Depending on how old he is though, be careful with the Hydrocortisone, I can use most brands, but not the E45 version, as that burns my skin even more! If he's young, he might not tell you that it's burning. I feel bad for the lad, I've suffered it my whole life and it's still bugs me now.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Does he have eczema all over him, or is it in a localised spot? (How old is he, that might matter too). If it's a localised spot, say his feet, get some Hydrocortisone from the pharmacist, apply that to the area, then a few minutes later add some E45 moisturiser. If it's a larger area that needs covering, just apply lots of E45 moisturiser.

yeah, do all of that mate. he's got it all over. hydrocortisone twice a day and e45 at other times. it doesn't really bother him during the day. just at night for some reason :? we had to give him nurophen last night to take the pain away from him. poor little monkey.
  • thekickingmule
    Do you give him a hayfever tablet? An Antihistamine? I'd start with Loratadine before the other one, but that may help too, especially if it's at night.
    You haven't washed his sheets/duvet with a different detergent have you? I have to use Persil's Non-bio, as anything else turns me into an itching demon. Even if someone else has used the washing machine before hand with something else, it can affect me.
    I'm sure you've done all these things, but I don't know how used to eczema you are so just checking
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    Do you give him a hayfever tablet? An Antihistamine? I'd start with Loratadine before the other one, but that may help too, especially if it's at night.
    You haven't washed his sheets/duvet with a different detergent have you? I have to use Persil's Non-bio, as anything else turns me into an itching demon. Even if someone else has used the washing machine before hand with something else, it can affect me.
    I'm sure you've done all these things, but I don't know how used to eczema you are so just checking

not a tablet, but we give it him in liquid form. my gf has eczema too so we know what may affect him and what may not. it's just a PITA. but thanks anyway :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Also, I didn't realise the date. Happy St. George's Day everyone!
    St+Georges+Girl.jpg
    good to see.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning all.

Had a good weekend, found a local downhill/freeride spot so was there straight after work friday, all of saturday and sunday. My arm has got a fark-off gouge in the elbow area. Need some shin pads and elbow pads and blah blah blah really. Didnt go out so didnt spend any money apart from food so that's a win. Happy St Georges day even though he's not even English, I swear St patrick isn't even Irish either, what is up with that
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Busy day in work but that's no bad thing as it makes the day go quicker. A blind man tried to sit on my lap on the train this morning. Made for an amusing start to the day.

My little bro has been ringing me all yesterday evening asking me to go shopping for him before I see him on Thursday. He wants hi tops and a new tennis racquet. My mum is also stressing as my middle sister is off to Tanzania for a month next week to work in a hospital, orphanage and school out there - as the oldest it is my job to reassure her that not everyone out there will be looking to mug her or kidnap her.

Quick trip to the gym tonight. Have to catch up on the training plan after missing out all weekend.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I've no idea how my work is going, haven't been able to get on the system. Can feel a mild toothache coming on. suspect it will be full blown by Friday. Joy!!!
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Thewaylander
    Gonna take some of 36hours of TOIL this after noon and feck off on the bike.. anyone else in the area?
  • Gazlar
    Gonna take some of 36hours of TOIL this after noon and feck off on the bike.. anyone else in the area?

I'm working this evening, I'm off tommorrow riding up the Long Mynd.

Off all next week if you fancy a blast though any day other than Monday and probably Tuesday due to monster hangover
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon
    Beautiful day here, and I've brought the bike in so might go get lost in the woods after work.
    Just booked train ticket for a jaunt to that there London with the boyfriend.
    I've had my daily Snickers and now it's back to work time...

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    I've had my daily Snickers and now it's back to work time...

Kisses
    FoxC

Well we all know what a diva you become when you're hungry
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    I think CMC should desert her work and get out for an afternoon lol
  • MissCMC
    I'm off Thursday actually! Stop bossing me around and get back in your rocking chair!
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    I'm off Thursday actually! Stop bossing me around and get back in your rocking chair!

we're riding DH Thursday, you're more than welcome to join us :D
  • MissCMC
    I doubt I'll make it - dentist, running, trying some horses for someone, school clubs and randomly parents evening for my youngest sister as the parentals are out for the evening and apparently I am a responsible adult.
  • Thewaylander
    Fark that,

Screw running and come out and play with us all.. sneak out and take some of your time back this avo will take you for an XC spin.
  • Gazlar
    I think CMC should desert her work and get out for an afternoon lol

Alone....in a forest with you?

MissCmc has been a very welcome addition to the crudcatcher, it would be a shame for her to disappear off the face of the planet so soon!!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    you survived,

and can't be arsed with doing nasty stuff to people at the moment i just want someone to talk at me while i pedal..
  • Gazlar
    so what was wrong with my offer for next week

Is it because you think I look fat in lycra :cry:
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    I'm scared that he wants to take me out to play...