Sufferfest Video Quality

dread_i1
dread_i1 Posts: 178
I bought a copy of Fight Club last week, went to use it the other night and it was almost unwatchable its extremely pixilated on my laptop, judders constantly and stops for sometimes up to 10 or 15 secs then speeds forward to catch up. I emailed David and he informed me that he'd send another link in case i got a dud, i've still not received the link and that was the week before last. I've emailed to inform him that no link has been sent and i'd like to either receive a new one or be refunded but still haven't had a reply. Guess my next step would be a dispute through paypal.

Any one else had any of the same problems

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    nope.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • "
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garryboy
    Garryboy Posts: 344
    Never had a problem. Couple of things.

What spec laptop are you using? I have a netbook that struggles with video playback, especially if using it with Trainer Road.

Check your spam folder for the mail. Its where all sufferfest vids end up went sent to me.
  • dread_i1
    Laptop should be more than capable intel i3, 8gb ram, Hd video card etc. Also tried playing on the tv using my media pc that i built for ripped blu ray iso playback, i'd expect it to be slightly pixilated on 46" screen but the judder and stop start is no good.

Also checked the spam folder each day but nothing in there.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    If anything, for me, quality & file size is too high/large. I would prefer a smaller, non hi-res file.

Anyhow, David usually very quick to respond/sort issues.
    Rich
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    dread_i1 wrote:
    Laptop should be more than capable intel i3, 8gb ram, Hd video card etc. Also tried playing on the tv using my media pc that i built for ripped blu ray iso playback, i'd expect it to e slightly pixilated on 46" screen but the judder and stop start is no good.

Also checked the spam folder each day but nothing in there.

You are obviously up to speed with tech unlike myself.. I really do depend on plug in and play.. but I have never had an issue with Suffrfest playback... even from my Xperia phone to the Bravia tv it plays with smooth hd quality with the little hdmi cable.
    I'd get a fresh download as a starter,
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    have you tried a different player? (not just a different front end on the same underlying player services)

instead of wmp, try vlc for instance
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • dread_i1
    sungod wrote:
    have you tried a different player? (not just a different front end on the same underlying player services)

instead of wmp, try vlc for instance

Yeah tried vlc, itunes, media player classic and xbmc on my media centre.

I think i'll drop him another mail asking for a new link in case the last one got lost along the way.