Monday Morning Blues....

2»

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Please Gaz if i turn up please promise me everyone keeps there clothes on :shock: there are some sights i don't need.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Aftershock? I remember drinking the red one as a teenager. Never touched it since. I am easily led astray mind. I promise myself I will be in at 2am latest and take it slowly and eventually get back at 5am with bad food and generally having fallen over at a random point in the night. Stairs in heels are my particular nemesis. I'm not selling myself very well here am I...

Isn't 10 feet tall a bit 'male heavy' as my friends and I put it?
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Waylander.....i cant promise that i'll try but i promise that ill try to try.

MissCmc are you trying to suggest that Ten Feet is some kind of bordello for the bohemian man. The answer to that is no, its a bit poncy but its ok. Monday theyve got a retro computer games night with a hip hop artist called mega ran and other acts, My mate is a bit geeky and we were having a mon seshanyway so it sounded like itwould be a bit lively.

That said my tranny mate "lisa" is also going
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Ah random stuff happening just makes the night more interesting! And if I know I can encourage some misbehaviour then I will be encouraging. But not taking part - loss of practicing certificate does not sit well with employers.

No I'm saying that 10 feet is mostly full of men. Albeit short Welsh ones, but men all the same. It also is one of the places where I haven't fallen over. Basically because a night out normally starts there and goes downhill...
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening crudites,

been doing some drilling and filing of metals today, its such great fun i think i'll do some more tomorrow!!

this crudders soiree gonna be on a school night or a weekend? could possibly make it if its midweek!! will be a good indication of the impressive bar fitness that i have been working so hard at!

tarar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Evening all,

I'd be up for a beer at some time :) gin is good. Although not my tipple of choice, gin and tonic can be quite refreshing. The gf loves it and keeps a bag of frozen lime slices in the freezer for the occasions she drinks it.

*the limes are for no other use* lol
  • Gazlar
    You can lose a practicing certificate for shenanigans.....harsh, im sure we can put you up to some kind of minor misdemeanour. It is fun, fortunately i have no embarrasment about embarrasing myself hence why i cant promise waylander

And ive not noticed it being a sausage fest in ten feet, probably because im apparently too short to see over the heads of those midget valleys boys. My prowling days are long gone though as long as the music is good and theres a good selection of scotch to see me through to the point i lose control of my tastebudsthen im not fussed who is in there

Thinking a weekend in may/june maybe
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    edited April 2013
    Me i just like a pub with a fire, maybe a pool table i can lose on and good beer. loud tunes i can't talk over just annoy me these days... I think i'm getting real old :(
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Me i just like a pub with a fire, maybe a pool table i can lose on and good beer loud tunes i can't talk over just annoy me these days... I think i'm getting real old :(

Oh dear god, the next stage is that you start listening to the archers :shock:
  • Gazlar
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Me i just like a pub with a fire, maybe a pool table i can lose on and good beer loud tunes i can't talk over just annoy me these days... I think i'm getting real old :(

Oi.... I love the Archers, ok im older than Waylander but im also way younger
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Me i just like a pub with a fire, maybe a pool table i can lose on and good beer. loud tunes i can't talk over just annoy me these days... I think i'm getting real old :(

Queens vaults has most of that, apart from the no music thing.

A friend of my mates owns the full moon bar which is supposed to be good?

And way lander. I thought you were in your 30's not your 50's ;)
  • Thewaylander
    I was old when i was a teenager lol
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Gazlar wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Oi.... I love the Archers, ok im older than Waylander but im also way younger

If I'm honest I'm not really in a position to talk. Going out properly these days seems like such an effort, Potters Bar is a dive and it's a faff to get back to, athough once I'm out I make sure to enjoy myself. But generally I've got to agree with Waylander, pub and good beer.

Oh and as for the Archers it rather kicked off the other night didn't it :shock:
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:

Queens vaults has most of that, apart from the no music thing.

A friend of my mates owns the full moon bar which is supposed to be good?

And way lander. I thought you were in your 30's not your 50's ;)

The full moon is excellent, one of my more regular haunts whe i get to go out, quite quirky and again a good selection of scotch, plus a cocktail called a jar of green sh1t.

Angry Bird it did rather kick off didnt it, im guessing Daryl is in the brown stuff
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:
    Waylander - you wanted different things so did you expect her to sit there painting her nails waiting for you to beg her to come back to you because you had changed your mind and wanted to give her marriage and babies or whatever it was you originally differed on? If she isn't going to get that from you then she is going to look for it somewhere else from someone who is willing to give her what she wants. It takes everyone a different time to get over things. Some people move on quickly, some more slowly. I'm very pragmatic about these things (sometimes). Most of my ex's would describe me as emotionally detached I imagine. Maybe I'm just a cold hearted cow (could explain why I have spent nearly 3 years single - although I am sure some people would claim that's because I haven't let anyone get near me in that time and have hidden behind my job and doing my own thing to avoid dealing with the emotional side of my life).

And in answer to this one no i don't expect her to, it's more me realizing i have most likely made the biggest mistake i could possibly have and having no route back and very little in the way of coping mechanisms to deal

so i will go ride my bike excessively so my mind doesn't turn back on.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    MissCMC wrote:
    Ah random stuff happening just makes the night more interesting! And if I know I can encourage some misbehaviour then I will be encouraging. But not taking part - loss of practicing certificate does not sit well with employers.

No I'm saying that 10 feet is mostly full of men. Albeit short Welsh ones, but men all the same. It also is one of the places where I haven't fallen over. Basically because a night out normally starts there and goes downhill...

You're in the wrong law firm... There's at least 6 pubs within a 10 min walk in either direction. Even the chairperson of the law society makes his own alcohol, when he's not down the pub.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • MissCMC
    But how have you made the biggest mistake you could possibly have when you both wanted different things? Had anything really changed or is this just fear that they have moved on and you haven't? If she has moved on as quickly as that then don't waste your time thinking about her. It seems harsh but it's how I have dealt with things. Things happen for a reason. If it was supposed to be then you would have both worked at it and made something happen. My coping mechanism has been my work and spending time with my family. Hence despite absolutely loathing weddings I am throwing myself into helping my sister with hers, working ridiculous hours, being at the farm on weekends and running again. Anything to help stop me thinking about what I have done with my life and where my relationships have gone wrong. Yeah go out and ride your bike loads if that's what makes you happy but don't forget there is a whole world of different people out there. Yeah I love a quiet pub sometimes, and I hate the fuss of getting ready to go out (and it's worse getting ready to go out if you are female because there is this apparent need for you to be primped and preened to the nth degree when all you want to do is sit around in your jeans and hoody) but sometimes it's a bit of fun doing it and meeting new people.

Now would you like a pipe and tartan blanket to go with your beer, fire and the Archers? :)
  • Thewaylander
    Actually yes i would, and a rocking chair.