onix bike fitting lancashire.. anyone used?

dbairduk
dbairduk Posts: 50
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Hi,
I am getting some back pain etc and don't really know where to start making adjustments. Would love to get going on some 50-60 mile rides so comfort is essential.

After googling I found these who look very reasonable and local. I know allot of people recomend Hewitt and a couple of others, but close to £100-£200 as a bit much for me.

How do these guys look?

http://www.onixbikes.co.uk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=56&Itemid=129

The only thing that puts me off is if I wan't to change a part, like a seatpost or handlebars, I don't see them carrying a good stock to chose from?

Comments

• Hi, Hewitt bike fit last year cost me £50 for the fit and £20 for any changes to my bike,they replaced the stem which cost me £15.The fit cured the hamstring pain I was having at the back of my knees.I think £85 was well worth it for pain free riding and Hewitts is my LBS so there was no travel cost.
  • I had a bike fit with them last month and found them to be excellent. Spent the best part of 4 hrs there chatting to Spike and Craig. Spike worked with British Cycling for years and seems to know his stuff. Craig is sound too and the bikes there are beautiful.
  • dbairduk
    dbairduk Posts: 50
    I had my Onix bike fit done today. My fears were totally unjust. They carry a good small selection of everything. Very happy with the service and would recommend them to anyone. Spike was very interesting to talk too and the rest of the guys all seemed real cool too.

They moved the position of my levers, and re-taped my bar, added some spacers to the stem. Was well worth £50.

Some lovely bikes in there too
  • Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 247
    sutbags wrote:
    Hi, Hewitt bike fit last year cost me £50 for the fit and £20 for any changes to my bike,they replaced the stem which cost me £15.The fit cured the hamstring pain I was having at the back of my knees.I think £85 was well worth it for pain free riding and Hewitts is my LBS so there was no travel cost.

+1 . Hewitts is my lbs and had a bike fit from them for £50. Well worth the money and cured my back problem and neck problem.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    +2 - just go and see Paul Hewitt, not only he is a great bloke but he has always offered bike fitting, long before many others even thought of offering it. He solved my fitting problems years ago.