Monday Morning Blues....

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

This morning was difficult to get out of bed. Too late a night coupled with me turning the heating off made the bed the best place to be. I'm up now though, so there.

Normal work day followed by my Judo grading tonight. Should hopefully earn my yellow belt :) Need to learn a lot of Japanese words before then though :?

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Good luck later thekickingmule

Another day of excelhell awaits, fantastic. Then a few jobs to put the house back together now the builders have mostly finished
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers.

Good luck Mule, and remember - there is no secret ingredient.

Excellent weekend was had, with fine weather, a small amount of playing bikes and large amount of chill. Nice.

This week starts with a visit this morning, delivering a training session for the clueless tomorrow, then a few days of f**k knows what. I have a nasty suspicion bacons will feature this morning. ......which could be worse!

Onwards! To coffee! And pretending to work!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning mongoloidbasterds,

In work since 7am to let some workmen in. They still haven't arrived. When I suggested the cleaner could let them in at 7.30 they said they would need to be in before that.

I've just had a double helping of porridge, not a bacons in sight.

later
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Back in work after a very quick weekend. How can 2 ½ days go by so quickly?

Friday’s cheese and wine night turned out to be a good night. A quick visit to the pub on the way there then plenty of wine and some cracking good cheeses.

Biking on Saturday was good and in the sun for once. Still short of fitness but slowly getting better. I guess multiple bacons sandwiches just before the ride didn’t help matters.

Minionless day today so it looks like I’ll actually have to do some work.

Later……
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    morning people.

Still feeling a bit flat today after yesterday. But I have had coffee and now have tea so the world can't be all bad no?

Later all
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Today has already started awkwardly, for some resaon the rear tyre won't deflate, nor infliate.

covering someone else's job. maybe one day I'll be able do my own
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning reprobates.
    Good weekend. Saturday was getting little jobs done and a chillax on sofa at night.
    Sunday saw No1's first outing as a MTB racer! Mrs VW and No2 came along to support us both, had fun then went to the pub for beers and feeding. In bed by 9.30, asleep by 9.31.

This week will be mostly driving around and checking up on people and in the city with big boss men later in the week :(

No Minion today as he is sick bless him, so must dash.

Toodles.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Good Morning Scuttlers

First order of business, good luck Kickingmule in your hobby of tossing men. Secondly, Waylander, look out the window, unless you are surrounded by the town of Casnewydd then the world isn't that bad.....ohh. Chin up though, as I always say, being single can't be that bad as why would there be plenty of attatched people wishing they were and indeed pretending they were single. Relationships are quite often like excitedly looking through the Argos catalogue at all the shiny new stuff you could buy, and then when you get there and the battered old box comes out, you think it can't be that bad on the inside, take it home, try it for a few days then spend a few days thinking of an excuse in the hope theyll take it back without the receipt.

Anyway, just had a lovely lie in, somewhat tempered by the fact it means working late afternoon until early hours, but still a lie in. Yesterday I went back to Wolvo to see my Moomaa for her birthday, but dropped in to see my 96 year old nan on the way, who has decided to play up because she has to have carers. Then whilst I was at my mum's we have a phonecall there to say my other nan was refusing to get out of bed in the home shes in and was going on hunger strike until she was released, so all in all quite a day of barmy old women.

anyway Gym today, can't work out whether to go before work or after,

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning all.
    Today is filled with finding extension leads for idiots but on the plus side i am off to the letting agent to hand in me forms and first months rent ready for me move in August.

toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Morning all.
    Today is filled with finding extension leads for idiots but on the plus side i am off to the letting agent to hand in me forms and first months rent ready for me move in August.

toodle ooh
    Does this bode well? Giving your rent deposit now for a move in August? Is that the way it goes these days? Maybe I'll ask for my salary three months in advance.

...maybe not.

I had a good weekend if you are interested.
  • Gazlar
    That does sound a bit well, up front. the two times I've rented I've paid an admin fee/holding deposit, usually about £150 to do the references and take the property off the market, paid the security deposit and the first months rent about a fortnight before, Is it a student based letting agency you are using?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ol\'gregg
    Yes it's a Student based one. I haven't rented from an agent for about 6 years it's either been a private landlord or the ex's parents so it did seem odd to me as i paid the £225 agency fee on friday to secure it (robbing barstewards) And they wanted the first months rent or bond a week later but i guess in the grand scheme of things it's less of a big chunk to fork out when i move in.
    But it means i'm being reintergrated into cardiff society after a 8 month stint in the prison that is Cwmbran (if you've been there you'll know what i mean) It's the final step of getting my (single) life back on track and moving forward and all that crap.

Anyway someone wants more extension leads. My job is rock and roll
  • Gazlar
    Yeah thats fair enough, I did think as well that August seems a long wait too as Mrs G's sister is after a flat for the end of May and she went last week and was told she was looking a bit soon. In fact shes looking at one today a street away from your new pad, if I can get a Cardiff Crudders Social night together I'll have to bring her, she needs to meet real and decent guys who like ditches and stuff rather than that knobsucker shes with at the minute ;)

Oh and isnt Cwmbran what Tulisa eats for breakfast?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Well of course Mater and Pater put down the deposit for Eton simultaneously with putting in the deposit for me!
  • ol\'gregg
    Gazlar wrote:
    Yeah thats fair enough, I did think as well that August seems a long wait too as Mrs G's sister is after a flat for the end of May and she went last week and was told she was looking a bit soon. In fact shes looking at one today a street away from your new pad, if I can get a Cardiff Crudders Social night together I'll have to bring her, she needs to meet real and decent guys who like ditches and stuff rather than that knobsucker shes with at the minute ;)

Oh and isnt Cwmbran what Tulisa eats for breakfast?

Pretty much on that last bit.
    And she's more than welcome to come round for tea and crumpets followed by lime, string etc etc etc......But will obviously need pics before hand..
    We should do a Cardiff Crudders social night with lots of welsh ale and stuff.
  • Gazlar
    Lagrange wrote:
    Well of course Mater and Pater put down the deposit for Eton simultaneously with putting in the deposit for me!

Ill put down a deposit on you in a minute!!!!

Just a thought, can I come to a Cardiff social if I'm moving out of town? I spose I'll still have a Cardiff postcode prefix so that'll count. Sounds like a plan though don't it, theres enough of us here and in the surrounds and what better way to meet people than being drunk
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Blimey I'm shattered today. Yesterday was a long day. I have been up at 6am both days of the weekend. Brother in law did the marathon in 3hours 58 mins yesterday which was very impressive considering how hot it was. I have a tan from being out all day cheering on the random runners and I did see some very unusual running techniques. I think at some point over the weekend I must have said I will enter the ballot for a place for next year (I'm must have been sleep deprived and had sun stroke at the time). Actually I think it would be pretty cool to say I have done it and I kinda feel like it's a bucket list thing for me.

Busy in work today but will be leaving on time to do the exciting chore of food shopping. I really love domesticity - not.

Waylander - you wanted different things so did you expect her to sit there painting her nails waiting for you to beg her to come back to you because you had changed your mind and wanted to give her marriage and babies or whatever it was you originally differed on? If she isn't going to get that from you then she is going to look for it somewhere else from someone who is willing to give her what she wants. It takes everyone a different time to get over things. Some people move on quickly, some more slowly. I'm very pragmatic about these things (sometimes). Most of my ex's would describe me as emotionally detached I imagine. Maybe I'm just a cold hearted cow (could explain why I have spent nearly 3 years single - although I am sure some people would claim that's because I haven't let anyone get near me in that time and have hidden behind my job and doing my own thing to avoid dealing with the emotional side of my life).

I'm up for a Cardiff night out - sure there is a bottle of gin somewhere with my name on it!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:

I'm up for a Cardiff night out - sure there is a bottle of gin somewhere with my name on it!

Maybe thats why you've been single for 3 years then if theres a bottle of gin with your name on it

32010047.jpg

In fairness though I really couldn't tell, even looking at the hands and Adams apple ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I handed in my deposit and first months rent the same day I collected the keys for my new house.... I don't think I'd be paying now for August, unless they were doing the house up, in which case, rock on!

Thanks for the luck folks! Some of these guys are big men, so you have to work them extra hard to toss them over your shoulder!

Minion handed her notice in today, so I'm after a new one. She bought me a bacon and egg sandwich before handing the news of her leaving in, so any new minion already has a lot to contend with!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    Haha thanks Gaz. I think it's clear that I am of the female species now you have met me. I just happen to have a liking for gin. Personally I prefer Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray.

With deposits just make sure you get the DPS/Tenancy Deposit Scheme account sorted out asap. I remember shutting down several letting agents in the past who had deposits paid into office accounts which they never got back as the money got spent by the lovely agents...
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Early shift in work today and found out I'm covering someones on-call 'till friday as well as being sent hither and thither and working god knows what shift. lovely. In a particularly vile mood as I am the only one in today so getting grief about every-bastard-thing and I can't even have post work stress relief beers due to on-callyness. hnnggghh.

I'd be up for a a few pints in Cardiff. Seems there's a decent contingent of us.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Thewaylander
    rather go for a ride than a drinking session.. could be cos i hardly drink these days.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon!
    Apologies for my absence, work has been a bit busy..
    Did I miss much?
    I did the usual route pedalling in the Peaks on Saturday, stayed at the rentals and went round to the boyfriend's for brunch on Sunday, which feels like it's cleared the air a bit. Lodger has now moved in. He's American, and a practicing Christian. Fun times!
    Busy as usual here, but have just ordered the new steed. Sadly out of stock here, so done a bit of number switching and now have to wait for it to be shipped from Holland, instead of waiting until September for it to come back into stock...

Kisses
    FoxC
  • VWsurfbum
    Anyone else fancy a bag of NicNacs, Nice and spicy Hmmmmmmmmm
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Mcoys flamed grilled steak!
  • VWsurfbum
    Hmm maybe one of those 5 fingered kitkats too..........
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissCMC
    God Waylander don't be boring, you are starting to sound like me! I'm training and shouldn't be drinking but that's not going to stop me. I'm just going to end up with a really bad head the next day and will probably be a total lightweight! I promise to try not to fall over (which happens quite a lot unfortunately, heels and a total lack of coordination make it difficult) if there is a Cardiff drinks.

Kettle chips - Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    Haha thanks Gaz. I think it's clear that I am of the female species now you have met me. I just happen to have a liking for gin. Personally I prefer Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray....

I quite like a Gin, I never did and then I got force fed it by a bunch of nurses I randomly met at Glastonbury and developed quite a taste for it. Obviously not as good as scotch or wine mind.

And i agree Waylander, I drink far less than I used to but come along and have a go, whats the worst that can happen, I mean I've survived getting stupidly drunk in recent years and trying to swim in the sea fully clothed in Aberystwyth despite the fact I cant swim and running down Betws y Coed high street in the nip in minus 5 to get more free drinks. Remember you'll be with safe and trusted people who'll look ater you
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Gin is good - fewer calories. Wine makes me too drunk too quickly and lardy, and is something I associate with having had a rubbish day in work. I have a nasty habit of Jagerbombs at the moment, hence why I end up out until 5am and not knowing how I got home. I do everything I tell my teenage sister not to do when she goes out.

Safe and trusted people? Really?
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:

Safe and trusted people? Really?

Bazinga!!!

well, I tried to sound convincing.

I get to a certain point of the night and will drink anything, even Jagerbombs, once it was a half pint of blue aftershock......not recommended, I'm looking forward to next Monday mind as I'm off and my old drinking buddy from wolves is coming up for a retro party in Ten Feet so I'm sure it'll be a messy alldayer. Fortunately I've never tried to take my clothes off or go swimming in Cardiff, so all bodes well on that front.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp