ITV4 highlights

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited April 2013 in Pro race
Paris Nice 10.55am
Criterium International 9pm

CI is the TDF team of Imlach, Boutling and Boardman.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Excellent, thanks
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Thank you very much kind sir!! Much appreciated.
  • Nice one. Just in time too.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    CI was pretty good I thought.

Obviously invested a bit in making their own programme rather than just showing the packaged ASO offering, and great they show it the evening of the event. Cycling obviously being taken more seriously by ITV4 !

McCrossan has a hugely boring commentating style, but Boardman, Imlach & Boulting excellent

And good to have advance notice of P-R and L-B-L - previously they've stuck these on at 9:30am two weeks after the event and with no warning so I missed them...
    ...like I missed P-N this morning !
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Agree, the CI prog was really well done. Boardman's an insightful pundit during the race commentary, and the discussion between him and Imlachwas spot in. And Imlach's unmatched when it comes to the bon mots - as Rick's mentioned on another thread, his sign off re Froome's agent needing to trademark the 'sheepish look over the shoulder' was an absolute zinger.

The P-N highlights show was just Matt Keenan's commentary.
  • I was really pleased to see it on ITV4, and agree that Boardman is a great commentator. I also enjoyed the fact that they got some post race interviews, which are a rarity on Eurosport.

However even though I was expecting it, the damn advert breaks were such a pain!!! Seemed like they were every 5 mins almost.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    For those that missed it last night,

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/cycling-s ... highlights
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    For those that missed it last night,

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/cycling-s ... highlights

OOh excellent - missed this last night.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    on sky+ for later on tonight... wahey !

If you could have the ITV punditry team with the Eurosport commentary team (Harmon and Kelly) I think it would be ideal.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    whats the chances they will show the Giro live? guessing they have the rights, and what with Wiggo going for it..
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • tailwindhome
    9pm Sunday Paris Roubaix highlights.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Will be repeated at 1.05 am monday for anyone who misses it/forgets to set timer!
  • tailwindhome
    PBo wrote:
    Will be repeated at 1.05 am monday for anyone who misses it/forgets to set timer!

Or anyone who's wife makes them sit through The King's Speech on C4 instead. :roll:
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    McCrossan is commentating again. Cant have everything, I suppose.
  • tailwindhome
    ITV4 will have LBL highlights on Sunday night at 9pm.

Ned B has tweeted that they won't have any coverage of the Giro, which is a shame.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Giro highlights are on Sky Sports this year: http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/pink-a ... v-coverage
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Another first:
    Three stages (19th May - Col du Galibier, 24the May - Val Martello and 25the May - Tre Cime di Lavaredo) will be produced by RAI in full.

:)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    Harmon quits Eurosport:
    https://twitter.com/spokesmen
    Well, at least until the Tour.
    (although, at the moment, he sounds like it could be more permanent.)
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be stuck with CK for the Giro :(
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Another first:
    Three stages (19th May - Col du Galibier, 24the May - Val Martello and 25the May - Tre Cime di Lavaredo) will be produced by RAI in full.

:)

Does anyone really watch the entire stage?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cogidubnus
    If im in the flat I might have the whole stage on in the backround. I won't sit and watch a full 5-6 hours though
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Harmon has not gave a reason why he's quit and then back for the tour ? Please god dont give the job to Carlton "chugging away" kirby. the guy is a complete wahooo. give it to Dan Lloyd.
  • cogidubnus
    Good shout on Dan Lloyd
  • tailwindhome
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Harmon has not gave a reason why he's quit and then back for the tour ? Please god dont give the job to Carlton "chugging away" kirby. the guy is a complete wahooo. give it to Dan Lloyd.

Wonder will Harmon turn up as part of Sky's cycling coverage.

Rediscover the love usually means a love of your bank account.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Some of the Italian races have used Robbie Hatch; he's quite good and doesn't waffle too much!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    If im in the flat I might have the whole stage on in the backround. I won't sit and watch a full 5-6 hours though
    I do if it's on! Especially the Tour stages where they show from the beginning.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • blazing_saddles
    Won't be Rob Hatch for the Giro.
    Dunkerque and Cali are 2 of the 3.....
    https://twitter.com/robhatchtv

Looks like it's Kirby, then, he is the RCS's English man..............Which means Rai Sport 2 for me.
    (They make more sense. :oops: )
    iainf72 wrote:

Does anyone really watch the entire stage?

It's really all about that first hour or so, rather than the missing mid section.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Eurosport always provide their own commentary, rather than taking a feed provided by the host broadcaster, so that might rule out CK.

Does the end of Harmon also mean the end of Sean? He very rarely works with anyone else.
  • stanislav
    stanislav Posts: 1,151
    Kirby and Kelly for LBL tomorrow,should be an eye opener.
    PTP winner 2015.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I agree and will be tuning in if the broadband can cope with the strain.