They loved their Muvva

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited May 2013 in The bottom bracket
artworks-000038010124-0tv3jg-crop.jpg?ca7701710067_10151402422146939_1745977697_n.jpg

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Or was it just a craze. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Or was it just a craze. :lol:

Groan

You're here all weak, try the fish, and don't forget to tip your waitress.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Do you mean '...don't forget to tie up your waitress' - if so then good advice.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    This could be another great thread for wether or not people were/are bad.

There are some real good and bad points for these pair.
    Living MY dream.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    The only 'Blind Beggar' that George Osborne knows is the one who's disability allowance he's just nicked
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Two loved their Muvva, the others loved mater.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    VTech wrote:

The Krays or Chas n Dave!?

I'm not aware of any good points of the Krays!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Oh don't start 'im off again :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    Ben6899 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Burglary dropped massively, there was NO crime against pensioners, breakins etc.
    Kids were not sold drugs at school, there were no gangs on street corners scaring people.

People who suffered were other gangs, they ran extortion rackets (we call that lloyds of london insurance these days).
    There were huge outcries and massive increase in local crime when they were taken off the streets, many suggesting that they wanted to move as the local streets were so dangerous as other gangs tried to move in on the territory.

You have to remember, if your an honest person, these people would never have bothered you.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    VTech wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Burglary dropped massively, there was NO crime against pensioners, breakins etc.
    Kids were not sold drugs at school, there were no gangs on street corners scaring people.

People who suffered were other gangs, they ran extortion rackets (we call that lloyds of london insurance these days).
    There were huge outcries and massive increase in local crime when they were taken off the streets, many suggesting that they wanted to move as the local streets were so dangerous as other gangs tried to move in on the territory.

You have to remember, if your an honest person, these people would never have bothered you.

So if you ran a honest business, you would be safe from extortion?
  • VTech
    No, but if you paid you would have a safe environment.

Extortion is the negative side to the general public but if you paid you were safe (im not saying this is right by the way) but its the same as insurance.

What I meant by the comment was, if you live in the gangland lifestyle you are susceptible to problems, I am honest and have never had a gang knock on my door demanding money for drugs I sold last week and pocketed.
    Living MY dream.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Let me get this right. I knock on your door, tell you to pay me money or I will beat you up or set light to your shop - and this isn't criminal behaviour?
    Finally I'm sure: VTech is just a prolific troll, because I'm fairly sure no-one could actually be so stupid as to believe this.
  • VTech
    I didnt say I agreed with it. But...... thats what happened.
    Just like my other comments.
    Living MY dream.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    VTech, I look forward to your posts, you are the master :D
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    :lol: VTech you truly have a gift.

Where there is harmony may he bring discord, where there is truth may he bring error. :wink:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    :lol: VTech you truly have a gift.

Where there is harmony may he bring discord, where there is truth may he bring error. :wink:

Certainly makes things more interesting :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    It depends on your point of view.
    My method (as a technician) is and has always been to look at things from all angles.
    That alone has made me realise that there must be good and bad in everything people class as bad.

If you are a pensioner in a run down estate scared that yobs will beat you up or smash your windows would you prefer to be as it is now or as it was in London on the same estate as people like the Krays ?

On that point I would say most would feel safety in the mob protection.

If you were a business and were being extorted how would you feel ?
    I guess most would be in uproar but there would be many, like plumbers merchants worried about the theft of metals who would be happy to pay £200 a month to make sure everything runs sweetly.

Remember, ive never commented on wether something is wholly good/bad I just explain the truth from both sides.

there is no error either, there is a lot of things written about what happens when gangsters of old were locked up and how much worse areas became, the truth simply isnt that once locked up, crime disappeared and people were all happy.
    Living MY dream.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    VTech wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

That is true. I always tried to be an honest person and Chas n Dave never really bothered me. I never knew they ran extortion rackets though. Where did they find the time whilst recording all those hits?
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Vtech talking cobblers again...
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    all this stuff about "Burglary dropped massively, there was NO crime against pensioners, breakins etc. Kids were not sold drugs at school, there were no gangs on street corners scaring people" is UTTER BULL

burglary happened then - it was either condoned by the gangs because they did it as part of their skewed restitution viewpoint 'they owed us anyway' or if not part of a gang, you would have to go to the gang to get them to return your stuff; and then you were in debt to the gang for them providing the service

a protection racket only provides some (usually inadequate) cash (or a poor replacement from a similarly indebted gang provider) to restore your house/business, they didn't have patrols so if you were caught in a turf war where your shop was torched your protection didn't protect you

burglary against pensioners was (and is) rare because they usually have little of value in their houses, pensioners were still scared because of what was happening to their sons and daughters who were either in the gang or paying them

amphetamine and cannabis was a major trading commodity for the gangs

Vtech, you really need to think before you post....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • edhornby wrote:

Logic and Fact have no place here!

gwan! be off with yer! before we set the dogs loose!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Chaz &Dave.

Tax for all is going up to 75%, all benefits are being done away with, and we're doing away with the NHS and state schooling.

OR ELSE WE'LL JUST NUKE THE ENTIRE GB.

We'll put that in the next election manifesto it's an "OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE". :lol::lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ballysmate

Forget the Krays or Cameron/ Osbourne, THESE are the feckers you have to watch!
    Looks like Milliband can't decide whether to give McClusky a hand job or a blow job.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/tag/len-mccluskey/
    http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -blairites
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    I remember hearing the same nonsense around the time of the ceasefires here in Northern Ireland. Yes it was all very well that they were going to stop murdering, but who would be kneecapping the car thieves and drug dealers if not the local wooly faces? Even today you get idiots nostalgic for a bit of street justice.

Additional: Unless the insurance industry has changed a great deal, it's nothing like a protection racket. To try and state otherwise is laughably hyperbolic. I'll give you a clue. I didn't get home insurance because I was afraid the insurance company themselves were going to burn my house down if I didn't.
  • ballysmate
    I remember hearing the same nonsense around the time of the ceasefires here in Northern Ireland. Yes it was all very well that they were going to stop murdering, but who would be kneecapping the car thieves and drug dealers if not the local wooly faces? Even today you get idiots nostalgic for a bit of street justice.

Additional: Unless the insurance industry has changed a great deal, it's nothing like a protection racket. To try and state otherwise is laughably hyperbolic. I'll give you a clue. I didn't get home insurance because I was afraid the insurance company themselves were going to burn my house down if I didn't.

'Twas my understanding that the paramilitaries were heavily involved in organised crime. It was a great source of revenue.
    The paramilitaries carried out murders and beatings of drug dealers etc not through any desire to benefit the community, but to rub out the opposition and to further their protection rackets.
    Or I could be wrong and they were all romantics, dreaming of peace. :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    VTech wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Burglary dropped...bothered you.

My godfather was first a bobby on the beat in the same area that the Krays operated.

A lot of the these rose tinted urban myths are absolute rubbish and if you want a real perspective of those complete and utter b*stards, then talk to the police who actually had to deal with these yobs.

Typical example. The Krays would go into a pub and order the publican to lock the doors up, drink the place dry and not bother paying the bill. Walk in to a sweet shop, say to the bloke behind the counter to hand over x number of jars of sweets and then proceed to hand them out to kids in the viscinity - never paid for them.
    Thats the 'un'-violent side of them... the violent side was barbaric and utterly abhorrent and not for a cycling forum.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • VTech
    Some of you have really misunderstood what I have wrote.
    I am not saying all was good with the Krays around. Just that when people like this are locked up its not a case of all is now good.
    What we have now are gangs selling drugs to kids, robbing anyone for a couple of quid and people feeling scared to walk in certain places.

Ive commented based on countless books ive read, written by both police and former gang members and they have all said similar to what I have written. PLEASE do not take that as me agreeing with extortion and racketeering or other crimes committed, I just have an opinion that if I were to live in an estate I would probably feel more safe back then than I would now.
    Living MY dream.
  • here's the question ... if VTech was taken of the forum would it result a great torrent of pish post from other sources that dried up when he ruled the manor :?:
  • ballysmate
    VTech wrote:
    Some of you have really misunderstood what I have wrote.

Ernie Wise lives! :lol:
  • VTech
    I'm a fair guy, if it were the forums wishes that I were not welcome, I would gladly leave and wish everyone the best.
    Living MY dream.