Lampre Indictments.

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited February 2018 in Pro race
Inner Ring reporting about the possible indictments for the Mantova Doping case - Team Managers, Cunego, Ballan. Also an Omega pharma team doctor...full list of names here http://sport.repubblica.it/news/sport/ciclismo-doping-inchiesta-mantova-pm-chiede-rinvio-a-giudizio-per-32/4138817

Comments

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    Hmmm, Here we go again......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    but Damiano has a tattoo and everything!?

Strava is not Zen.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    What does that mean for the racing for the riders named?

Will Ballan start the Ronde and will Cunego start the tour of the basque country for example?
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    calvjones wrote:
    but Damiano has a tattoo and everything!?

the little prince of dope?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    What does that mean for the racing for the riders named?

Will Ballan start the Ronde and will Cunego start the tour of the basque country for example?

Last time this flared up BMC quietly withdraw Ballan from all races.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    If he gets withdrawn now that would be a kick in the balls as it will be twice. His biggest season goals just coming up.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Date of first hearing has been set for July 13th - don't know if any riders will be dragged off the Tour to attend.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/coni-to ... ova-papers

Preliminary hearing set for 30 Apr - and CONI have been added as a civil party so will get access to all the papers. Could mean that CONI slap on santions without having to continually wait for the ever-slow-turning-wheels of Italian judicial system.

Lots of the 31 current and ex-Lampre people wont be happy about this. Perhaps thats why Santambrogio went on a charge yesterday...

And 30th - just 5 days before the Giro starts...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Haven't we been hearing the same thing every year for several years now.

I see Ponzi is one of those involved. Who would have suspected he would be involved in some dodgy scheme?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited April 2013
    RichN95 wrote:

I see Ponzi is one of those involved. Who would have suspected he would be involved in some dodgy scheme?

True, but CONI now getting the papers is interesting...

EDIT: I always cling on to the fact that CONI were determined to nail Valverde - did so thanks to some cunning tactics
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    RichN95 wrote:

He's even named after a famous fraudster!
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

He's even named after a famous fraudster!
    Yes. That was the joke.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Ah right, I'm not familiar with this Ponzi so thought he had a dodgy history himself!
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    Ah right, I'm not familiar with this Ponzi so thought he had a dodgy history himself!
    If it wasn't for his name I would never have noticed he existed.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Meh, the real disappointment here is that this is all so unsurprising...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Fun read from Herbie Sykes here: https://soigneur.nl/stories-en/arrivede ... o/?lang=en

He's got a point, albeit through rose tinted glasses.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,422
    Good read, cheers dish
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    That was refreshing. Is Herbie Sykes always so candid? I’ll pay him more attention, if so. Journo’s, eh!?
    I always listen to the Cycling Podcast but get fed up with their entrenched fence-sitting (?!) - and now that they’ve got sponsors and a Brand to flog, they’re going to be even less opinionated. Kimmage may be a shouty twit, but at least there are still a few soup-spitters like him knocking about to break up the monotony [Talking of monotonous, what chance will Fotheringham have of ghosting another rider’s “autobiography” now he’s stuck the boot in with Wiggo - or did he figure it wouldn’t get better than that in his career?].
    How ironic that, at the moment, the only “grit” seems to be provided by an outfit like Sky and their attempts at slick system gaming...

After Mark E Smith’s death a couple of weeks ago, there was an outpouring of love for him - generally, people were celebrating what a difficult and cantankerous bast@rd he was. You miss it when it’s gone...
  • RichN95.
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    That was refreshing. Is Herbie Sykes always so candid? I’ll pay him more attention, if so. Journo’s, eh!?
    Sykes doesn't write much about present day cycling. He's mostly writes historical pieces, and mostly about Italy.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    dish_dash wrote:
    Fun read from Herbie Sykes here: https://soigneur.nl/stories-en/arrivede ... o/?lang=en

He's got a point, albeit through rose tinted glasses.

A great (if a little biased read).

I like the perspective he put on the BC "bullying" thing. Its a sport for alpha winning types. Others get spat out.

Although it has reminded me that we no longer have any top Italian teams, which is depressing.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.