Stupidly Windy Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Its blowing a hurricane outside! I had to move all my little trees (I collect bonsai) into the shed last night. Found a stupid wasp taking shelter on the inside. Used some handlebars to smack the farker outside. My shed is for bikes beeatch!

Right, I'd better great ready to be blown to work.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Yeah, it's brutally windy here today as well. Bloody horrible.

Another wonderful early start for me, compounded by the fact that I am in bits after building trail for three hours last night. Ouch. Worst thing is, it's not even rideable at present because the grounds still saturated with water, but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end. Looking forward to sorting the bike at the weekend - give it a bit of TLC and stick the shiny new bits on.

Right, coffee beckons.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Revision meh today, was planning on getting out on the roadie later which could be interesting with this wind.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    yet another day of meh
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Alright Scuttlers

On a course today on the Cardiff Resignalled Area Programme, which lets be honest is exciting as it gets.......no seriously thats how good it gets.

Gym later to get stalked possibly and then late evening shop and i thibk maybe Turkish food in the new place on Whitchurch Road (other restaurants are available)

So if the good lord spares us and the creeks dont rise ill see you all later

Tattybyebye
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' goat-fiddlers,

Wind. Yes. Lots of it. It made the ride in hilarious and hilariously hard work (it took about 4mph off my average speed!). Jayzuz, that was hard work!!

Still here now and expecting an easy day. To top it off, today is my Fryday, so there will be bacons, and She With Boobs will be appearing sometime later this evening for a weekend of bike based hilarity. And stuff.

And I've got ride home in a hurricane too! The amusement; it just doesn't end.

Onwards! To caffiene! Presentations! Bacons! And more caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Very windy and wet here this morning too. I don't know why but it seems to have charged me up with static electricity as I was crackling away as I got changed in my office this morning. Some of those earthings were quite painful.

More sorting of recruitment shizzle to deal with today then playing badminton after work. Have got a seafood pie to look forward to tonight and maybe, possibly, a beer to wash it down with.

Not a cake or a bisuit to be found so it'll just be tea then as I filter the CVs again.
    Later......
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

yeah stupid windy out today, it was fun going over the severn bridge :shock:

sorry I didn't make it last night clamps - you can check my endomondo to at least see I made the effort. bloody brakes :x

not much on today, buty a bit of downhill riding later to look forward to :D

laters
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    No worries Kev, I heard my phone go, but me and the vest were wrestling a tree at the time. You'll be surprised when you do get up there though, it's unrideably boggy and mucky at present, but once it settles a bit it should be a fun little run.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Morning felchees,
    You know that magic ride in spring when it stops hurting, the fitness has come back enough and the trail is dry enough to really start enjoying a ride. That.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning Nucking Fuggets,

Tryign to burn some of toil at workt oday to go home a bit early lavish some attention on the bike (read clean it a bit). otherwise onwards free food come on!
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    morning abusers, i'm loving the wind... its drying everywhere out, which means a potentially dry race this weekend at Codham, as opposed the shitcunt of a mudbog we endured last year...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Meh

Work

Meh

Anyone want to give me a job?
  • welshkev
    ste_t wrote:
    Meh

hand or blow?

either way, i'm not offering :lol:
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    welshkev wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Meh

hand or blow?

either way, i'm game, thursdays are so terribly boring without a homoerotic encounter.

FTFY
  • welshkev
    EH_Rob wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Meh

hand or blow?

either way, i'm game, thursdays are so terribly boring without a homoerotic encounter.

FTFY

were you reading my mind? :lol:
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    welshkev wrote:
    EH_Rob wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Meh

hand or blow?

FTFY

were you reading my mind? :lol:

Easy, big guy.

If giving a random weirdo a reach around is your idea of fun then fair play to you.

I'll give it a miss for now. (with how stressful today is turning out to be, I may change my mind later.)
  • EH_Rob
    ste_t wrote:
    Hold me.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    ste_t wrote:
    Need me.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Stupidly windy in Cardiff turned to bucketing it down with rain in Swansea. Got into work soaked. Not amused. My pile of post to deal with today consists of two piles of files which are combined about 5ft tall. Have spent two nights checking one file that was being dealt with by someone else, sometimes the incompetence of some people baffles me. Potential massive claims if that was let carry on as it was. Thank god said person has left. My brain now feels fried.

New minion is good - she makes me tea without being asked to. I think I will keep her.

Will be visiting the gym tonight for some stalking practice. I'll be in generic black gym kit just to make me easier to spot and will be on the treadmill so I can keep an eye on things...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    is that black so you can be invisible and fade into the shadow?
  • MissCMC
    Definitely. Like a ninja.
  • Thewaylander
    Just remember the CC moto,

"Head backwards, in a ditch!"
  • Gazlar
    Well result for me C.R.A.P briefing finished so my ten and half hour day was 4, tops.

This means shopping then gym a bit earlier, so ill be leaving about quart past 7 to pick mrs g up for slimming world. I trust youll be in your gillet as i may collar you on your way in miss cmc
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Lucky you! I'll be arriving about 7. Rather casual outfit today so I should be easy to spot. I don't dress like a grown up most days.
  • EH_Rob
    MissCMC wrote:
    I don't dress like a grown up most days.

Baby-Kit.jpg

?
  • welshkev
    aaarrrgh, what has been seen..... :shock:
  • Gazlar
    Right....gotcha.....Claire Balding in a babygro ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    That nearly made me spit my dummy out with laughter :lol:
  • MissCMC
    I thought I didn't look like Claire Balding!?

And that was urgh! I feel a bit sick.
  • EH_Rob
    its an absolutely disgusting photo in fairness. sorry about that.