Making Bikeradar work on Android!

andyrm
andyrm Posts: 550
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Evening gaylords,

I'm back after a bit of a break due to silly working hours and moving house :-)

Recently been struggling to get on here using an Android device (been away lots with work so not at my proper computer a lot of the time) and as a result (please don't shun me Amish-style) have had to endure the misery of STW. Good god there are some angry people on there - but even worse, they are very politically correct which is just not right.

So does anyone know a good way to be able to access the BR forums on Android? Have tried both Opera Mini and the default Android browser. Am I just being a retard? (I actually got complained about on STW for using the word retard)

Anyway here is a picture of some Amish people and a bible - I imagine this is happening because one of the men threw one up his cousin or something.

Butterfly_08.jpg?resize=550%2C417

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    No idea. I am not a retard with a Droid.

I have a fruit.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • andyrm
    It makes me happy to see two uses of the word retard, and reference to Apple products without all manner of misery spouting forth! Great to be back :-)
  • nicklouse
    Any way WHO THE FARK are you?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • andyrm
    I wish I knew..........
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Well i am a retard with a droid and BR works on it for me. Maybe you're extra retarded with your droid.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Well i am a retard with a droid and BR works on it for me. Maybe you're extra retarded with your droid.

Yes BR works on my "Droid" and Fruit gizmos, perhaps the 'tard should MTFU and find a suitable browser or go whine in the Commuter section about how he got flamed, sideways for asking a half sensible question in the CC
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    nicklouse wrote:

I am a fruit.
    Bit obvious but...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • andyrm
    So nearly did that fruit switch........ But as I just did an update and it now works, will pipe down!!!

Is the commuter section a bit like STW then but with people who actually ride bikes rather than just drive Audis and have loveless marriages?
  • nicklouse
    cooldad wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

I am a fruit.
    Bit obvious but...
    God that took its time.

:P
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    I have an Android phone and i can use Bikeradar on there with no problem at all. Post things, reply to PMs, etc with no probs.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,821
    I have an Android phone and i can use Bikeradar on there with no problem at all. Post things, reply to PMs, etc with no probs.

Bar take pictures with a flash :)
  • gt-arrowhead
    matthew h wrote:

HAHA! :lol::lol::lol:
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    matthew h wrote:

+potato
    :lol::lol::lol:

It works fine on my Android
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    matthew h wrote:

awesome!!! get him some aloe for that burn :lol:
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • gt-arrowhead
    LOOOOL you bastards! Your making me wish i got a phone with flash now! Hahaha :lol::lol::lol:
  • nicklouse
    LOOOOL you bastards! Your making me wish i got a phone with flash now! Hahaha :lol::lol::lol:
    Well is you got a fruit phone you would never have Flash.

But you would have better pictures.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Im not all that fussed about phones at all. Despite 99% of people my age being phone crazy. So a fruit phone would be way overkill for me. And my parents would slap me just for asking for a £500 phone.

Ive had my HTC for 2 months now, before that i had a Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic. Goes to show im not into phones.

The photo quality is actually really good on my HTC but ofcourse in the dark your buggered. Not much fuss for me though.
  • andyrm wrote:
    So nearly did that fruit switch........ But as I just did an update and it now works, will pipe down!!!

Is the commuter section a bit like STW then but with people who actually ride bikes rather than just drive Audis and have loveless marriages?

Who would drive an Audi when you could have a BMW 335d... Think of the torque!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    My old HTC Desire HD is running a custom ICS rom and uses the stock Android browser and Bike Radar is fine. It is also fine on my Galaxy S3 with Samsung's own browser.

What problem are you having?

Also, have you tried Chrome or Maxthon or Firefox?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Pretty sure he did an update and the problem was fixed.

Thread should be used to flame gt and his shite phone now.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Daz555 wrote:
    My old HTC Desire HD is running a custom ICS rom
    u wot m8?
  • gt-arrowhead
    Daz555 wrote:
    u wot m8?

If im not wrong, a rom is something that you install into your phone that allows you to do more stuff with it, or make it better. If you know what i mean.

Very vague explanation as im no pro with phones but i believe that is what a rom does, as ive been told about it before.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Pretty sure he did an update and the problem was fixed.

Thread should be used to flame gt and his shite phone now.

Thats what the other thread is for. :lol::lol::lol:
  • bwfc4eva868
    bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    HTC one s here. Works fine in standard browser and Google Chrome.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Daz555 wrote:
    u wot m8?
    Phones typically come installed with an operating system provided directly by the manufacturer, or a tweaked version of that provided by the network provider.

A custom ROM is when you decide to forgo those two options and instead choose an operating system which has been developed/tweaked by the "community" - ie geeks who know these phones as well or better than the guys who make them!
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.