Feel a click from BB when weight on downward pedal

cr250noob
cr250noob Posts: 57
edited April 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all, just recently ive noticed that when pedaling hard i can feel and hear a click from the bottom bracket. Doesnt happen when just lightly spinning away. Cant feel any play in the crank with hands and ive tried tightening up the crank bolts. Also swapped out pedals and it still does it. It doesnt feel super smooth to turn but not rough either. Its a truative power spline. Is it worth regreasing it all or just get a new one?
Felt F95
Orange Alpine 160

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is not a servicable unit.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cr250noob
    Ah, so guess its replacement time then.
    Felt F95
    Orange Alpine 160
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have exactly the same problem but my BB is Shimano, Octalink spline, cartridge bearing, 68mm

Any words of advice?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cr250noob wrote:
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    cooldad wrote:
    cr250noob wrote:

Cheers.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Crc were knocking them out very cheap
  • cr250noob
    If i reserve the truative BB and halfords own chain tool online for collection get 20% off. So around £30 in total.
    Felt F95
    Orange Alpine 160
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    You'll need a BB tool and crank puller but you won't need a chain tool to replace BB.
  • cr250noob
    Dont know why i wrote chain tool, lol! I meant BB tool.
    Felt F95
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Dirty-Boy
    Dirty-Boy Posts: 47
    It might just need removing, cleaning and regreasing the threads. Although the bearings aren't serviceable sometimes they can click if the bottom bracket isn't nice and tight.
  • cr250noob
    Dirty-Boy wrote:
    It might just need removing, cleaning and regreasing the threads. Although the bearings aren't serviceable sometimes they can click if the bottom bracket isn't nice and tight.

Ill give it a go, someone else suggested that to me. Think it will prob need doing sooner or later tho.
    Felt F95
    Orange Alpine 160