Uploading garmin to strava

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Done a search and found nothing.How do I upload my ride from my garmin to strava.If someone could give me an idiots guide then that would be cool.
cheers.
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• sirmol
    sirmol Posts: 287
    click upload activity it says on the left from garmin device and it automatically searchs for any connected gamins
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    ^^ this. It will want to install the Garmin extension for your browser, let it do so and all will be well.
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • Just to make it a bit clearer--

Go to Strava website and create account if not already done.
    At the top right of the screen will be an "Upload Activity" button - click on this
    Click on "Upload from Garmin"
    You will then need to allow the browser to connect to your Garmin.
    Once done , it will be registered to your Strava account and you will not need to register it again, it will automatically find it when you click on Upload from Garmin
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    cheers lads..brilliant
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • RowanM
    RowanM Posts: 20
    There is also http://www.garminsync.com/ if you are using Garmin Connect. It automatically syncs everything new from Garmin Connect to Strava, about 15 minutes after you upload it to GC. I think there was also an option to sync your old activities, but I didn't try it.
    I'm riding the Giro d'Italia for charity in 2013. Check it out at www.tourletour.com!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Thought the above would be an easy way to bring over old rides to strava rather than doing them manually one by one, but it seems that it doesn't distinguish between what you have already downloaded and would therefore duplicate lots of stuff which is a pity...