Half way Wednesday....

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Ouch, I ache today. Shoulder, legs, knees, back and my sides are in pain. Hopefully it'll ease off during the day.

The wheels are in motion for operation New Minion. We're still hoping for two more minions, but we need to get our case together before going to the directors. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Reading work health & safety acts and regulations today..... frikkin joy :roll:

its a great book for insomnia..... :wink:

enjoy your days
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' freaks, mornin' weirdos. What the hell are you doing here?

Busy day in work with practical demos for the morning and a company visit post-lunch to get some samples put together - this will mean loading the car with gas cylinders, trolleys, lumps of metal and a minion.

At least I won't get bored! Twixt now and then, I shall zen myself into the right headspace for yattering to people for three hours. Coffee will help!

Onwards! To caffiene! And busyness!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Early shift. Yuck. Need to ingest a gallon of coffee before doing anything else. Still, back down the Bay where I belong and I get to knock off and go riding at 3:30. Suh-weet.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • bwfc4eva868
    bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    Morning gimps, my first visit on here of 2013. Been busy busy with work and injury recovery. My plan was to go to Gisburn today if pain was low. But yesterday after thinking I was getting results from amy mri to say knee ligaments are healed which they are I have been walking with a broken fibula for 8 weeks and it needs looking at on Friday. Not amused, so consoled myself and bought a Trek Fuel Ex 6 :-) and the one with boobs has brought me pop tarts for starter and bacon barm to wash them down with.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    The wheels are in motion for operation New Minion. We're still hoping for two more minions, but we need to get our case together before going to the directors.
    ^ This.

Spent a good part of yesterday sifting through CVs trying to pick those suitable for interview and those just having a laugh. :roll:

Pouring with rain this morning so wimped out and brought the car into work. The gym bag is packed so I'll try to slope off early to the gym for once. Last night's swimming was good but I'm still missing a wee bit of fitness. Losing a few pounds would help as would missing the odd pie and pint but why do without the good things in life?

Tea to pass the time as I peruse more CVs.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, despite great couple of rides last night :)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

today I have already seen a roadie riding less than a foot from the back of a lorry - I was dying for the lorry to brake - idiot! a girl with the number plate that I think read 'W4 NX' but i'm not sure :? and done nearly 3 hours of work.

more work to do and then hopefully meet clamps for a ride later :D

onwards to no bacon cos i'm on a diet :lol:

laters
  • welshkev
    oh yeah, i'm not a football fan. but well done Cardiff city :D
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

An important lesson in stalking is that its a marathon, not a sprint. By this i mean that I failed to identify the crudcatchers own Miss CMC until she was leaving the building last night. Its taken a while to get my eye in since my retirement but also in my defence she has also discovered my kryptonite.......treadmills.

Yes the humble treadmill, the home of the jogging lady crudder and a place i avoid with great gusto due to my dodgy knees. I cant run and even a good long hard walk leaves me stiff for days afterwards.

Anyway onto today, another busy day of trains really, another ten hour day.

So if the good lord spares us and the creeks dont rise i shall converse with you all later.

Ill now open the floor to questions
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Revision meh continues. Suffering a severe bike deficiency, may have to go to Cannock either later today or tomorrow evening.

TTFN
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Gazlar wrote:
    I cant run and even a good long hard walk leaves me stiff for days afterwards.

That's the problem with moving targets
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Mornin crudders

Today is the start of a glorious 3 days off, was just hoping to get to degla or gisburn today but I am now having to put off until tomorrow.

This is ok though because it will give me time to give the square one a once over, I think the pads need replacing.

So it will be a day of monging or I may do a quick jaunt on the roadie, or I may even go for a game of golf this will aid my walking practice, the world is my oyster for the next 3 days.

Later folks
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Gazlar
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Dont think of them as moving targets....just concentrate on the job in hand
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Yes apparently he recognised me from behind. Which makes things all worse...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar wrote:
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Dont think of them as moving targets....just concentrate on the job in hand

Gaz you need too position yourself strategically so you can get good 360 degree peripheral vision, mirrors can be used to spot all things moving even the slightest bounce or jiggle you will spot :wink:
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:

well when he looks in through your window you must always be facing away from him...or is that waylander who's looking in? I forget who's the stalker these days :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    i tried... but in the end i just don't care enough/ or can't be arsed :)

Good ride last night, starting to get some semblance fitness or the legs again, need to clean the bike tonight though. What i really want to know is where the sun has gone?

Still onwards to fresh ground coffe and free lunch
  • MissCMC
    None of them are the stalkers. Their skills are clearly poor!
  • Thewaylander
    I don't know, one lad has been eyeing you up on facebook for ages,

I haven't even bothered trying to figure out your name to look, so i am obviously useless.
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:

Which means i can now identify you as you run away. What has been forgotten here is the fact im not actually stalking, although the fact i identified you from such snippets as folders and a curly pony tail shows the instincts are still there. It did get confusing at one point though as there was a girl who genuinely looked like a young claire balding, but safe to say i now know you dont.

What i will also say is that you have demonstrated great flair and attention to detail in the art of stalking and that can only be commended, i mean your ability to list my movements over an hour period is a first rate effort.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Oh Hai! :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev

I haven't even bothered trying to figure out your name to look, so i am obviously useless.

I didn't find out her name, I just copied her email from here and sear....

I mean, I don't know who she is..never seen her before in my life..ahem :oops:
  • MissCMC
    Oh god you lot are scary. No wonder I didn't actually speak to Gaz!
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:

I just have an inquisitive mind :lol:

in all serious though, it was that easy to find you and where you work :shock: if I was a stalker it wouldn't have been hard to find you :lol:
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

I just have an inquisitive mind :lol:

in all serious though, it was that easy to find you and where you work :shock: if I was a stalker it wouldn't have been hard :

Ive seen her from behind...if you were a stalker trust me it would have been.

Fortunately im not a stalker, plus i'd just beasted myself on a bike sprint so all my blood had rushed to my face.

And i agree they scare me, if only they coud be as normal as i am
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Anyways back to the practicalities of work, although you lot clearly have far too much time on your hands. Busy busy busy. Thinking at the moment I will be in the office until about 8pm. Sending one of the minions to buy me sugary things shortly, fizzy drinks, crisps and sweets. Mmmmm.

Foot aching after running last night, booked in again with the physio next week as think everything has healed much shorter than it should have and needs stretching out. Maybe I will stick to the treadmills as it stops strange men from getting close to me. And all I saw Gaz doing last night was sitting around observing...
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    MissCMC wrote:
    Anyways back to the practicalities of work, although you lot clearly have far too much time on your hands. Busy busy busy. Thinking at the moment I will be in the office until about 8pm. Sending one of the minions to buy me sugary things shortly, fizzy drinks, crisps and sweets. Mmmmm.

You're clearly not that busy if you're wasting time on here

I'm on here because I'm supposed to be revising, so now obviously I'm bored. Maybe it's time for a break? I've managed to convince the brother to go down to town and grab some food supplies, namely bacon and sausages, proper food like.
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:
    needs stretching out.

Such a scary thing to say int he CC
  • Thewaylander
    Angry Bird wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

You're clearly not that busy if you're wasting time on here

I'm on here because I'm supposed to be revising, so now obviously I'm bored. Maybe it's time for a break? I've managed to convince the brother to go down to town and grab some food supplies, namely bacon and sausages, proper food like.

She is a woman, multi tasking remember..
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Angry Bird wrote:
    namely bacon and sausages, proper food like.

Ah im jealous, but it is 15 minutes to lunch so not that bad!

Trying to decide on a new hardtail frame today, I think im going to go with the new bfe in gritstone. No plans for evening, or rest of week to be honest. Been waiting for my Patriot to get serviced, dropped it in last tuesday and it still hasnt been looked at. I know how much they charge for their service and if its not done before the weekend I wont be too pleased. Im also half expecting them to give it back to me with half/none of the issues sorted out as I have heard stories from others that have used this shop. We shall see