New forks: Are they 26 or 29er?

wilkij1975
wilkij1975 Posts: 532
edited April 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all

Just received some Revelation Rl forks from On One. They are 140mm travel and weren't listed as being 29er forks but the model sticker on the back of the leg says 140mm/29". So this may sound stupid but am I to assume they are for 29" wheels?

I've checked them against my current DT forks that are 140mm and they are a little longer but not noticeably and the lowers are slightly longer but again not by much. They don't look like they'd fit a wagon wheel in there anyway.

Anyone know how to tell?

P.S. I will be phoning them tomorrow but wanted to fit them tonight.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    SRAM normally have tech drawings on their service page. A2C length will be the give away.

What is it?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • wilkij1975
    I measured from the top of the crown where the race sits at 545mm and from the bottom of the crown at about 530mm.
  • wilkij1975
    Just looked on SRAM site and the axle to crown for the 29er with 20mm maxle is 545mm against 520mm for the 26er. Looks like I do have the 29er. Nice of On One to advertise it as such!
  • Huckfinn
    Huckfinn Posts: 142
    Just had a look on On One and the size is in the description. I assumed you ordered them because they were for 29' wheels?