Boston!

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    2 bomb that went off confirmed in trash cans, 2 more found by boston police undetonated and dismantled by experts.
  • Can you imagine having just ran a marathon then having someone screaming "RUN!" at you.

Fuckoff!
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    A third explosion at JFK library...
  • bennett_346
    Yeah there's a continous search ongoing for more, they reckon there could be several more. They have suspected video evidence of a man planting backpacks under more of the stands and dropping packs in bins.

Phone networks are shut off in the city to prevent remote detonations.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Bombs in trash cans doesnt sound like Al Queda to me (expert that I am...)

Thoughts and all that...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    How many 'terror' attacks have there been in America that weren't domestic? Apart from Pearl Harbour and 9/11, I'm struggling to think of any.

US of A - land of the free and home of the sick m**********r.

Thought and all that, indeed.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • bennett_346
    1993 WTC bomb.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Careful on twitter, picture of the man who now has no legs is horrific, rare I see things that affect me so much (which is bad enough...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bennett_346
    Yeah i've see that.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ddraver wrote:
    Careful on twitter, picture of the man who now has no legs is horrific, rare I see things that affect me so much (which is bad enough...)

Aye came up on Facebook too, horrific scenes there and thoughts with any body affected by the events unfolding.

The US is a huge country, chances are there are gonna be more psycho's than other places, still it's unclear who's is responsible, I think a D-lock is far too lenient on the cnut/cnuts who have done this.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Can you imagine having just ran a marathon then having someone screaming "RUN!" at you.

Fuckoff!
    I feel pretty bad as that made me literally lol :oops:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Can you imagine having just ran a marathon then having someone screaming "RUN!" at you.

Fuckoff!

Don't feel bad it wasn't meant in an offensive way & as most of the runners at that time when it went off would have been over 4 hours I think they would have been on their knees on the line I guess so quite literally might have struggled.

Know a few people that raced the event but all are safe thankfully but is no way to make a point no matter what your politics/beliefs/whatever the reason is these were runners out in the main for charity FFS.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507

Fuckoff!

Made me lol too. Fkin brilliant. AHAHA
  • All joking aside though (I know this is the crud and everything, but still....), Pretty horrific scenes, bad times all round. Thoughts with the families of those involved etc.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Haha :)

And yeah, definitely. All thoughts with everyone effected.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Just because it's the CC and Family Guy is great:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVqZl5JBBo
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    1993 WTC bomb.

I stand corrected - had forgotten that one (Al Queda linked, too).

I've been avoiding watching news coverage of the event mostly because I have no need to see mangled bodies. There comes a point when the wounded should be allowed some dignity - and if the most help you can offer is to point a camera - get the f**k out the way and let the grown-ups administer assistance.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah real bad, luckily I haven't seen any of the pics and I really don't want to!

my friends parents live in boston, but luckily they're fine. my thoughts go out to everyone else
  • Clank wrote:
    and if the most help you can offer is to point a camera - get the f**k out the way and let the grown-ups administer assistance.

Have to say I agree. Saw some footage from someone filming the finish line who caught the initial blast on camera. They rushed forward and literally stepped OVER a runner who was laid on the floor clutching their leg.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Clank wrote:
    and if the most help you can offer is to point a camera - get the f**k out the way and let the grown-ups administer assistance.

Have to say I agree. Saw some footage from someone filming the finish line who caught the initial blast on camera. They rushed forward and literally stepped OVER a runner who was laid on the floor clutching their leg.

Well yeah....i mean youre not gonna get blood and leg jizz all over your new 15mp nikon
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Thoughts with everyone. Can't imagine being in a situation like that. Sister and I are deciding what to do now for Sunday in view of this, definitely will be going but sure the security will be much tighter. Not quite sure how you police something quite as huge, busy and public as this.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.