2013 Dauphine route

inkyfingers
inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
edited April 2013 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2013-criterium-du-dauphine-route-leaked-two-new-summit-finishes

Thought it might be nice to start a new thread about bike racing.

Looks like a much better balanced route than 2012, with no prologue, a shorter TT and two new summit finishes.
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

Comments

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,911
    Wonder if Wiggins will be back for a hat-trick? Think only Luis Ocana has managed three wins, and none have done three in a row.
  • inkyfingers
    phreak wrote:
    Wonder if Wiggins will be back for a hat-trick? Think only Luis Ocana has managed three wins, and none have done three in a row.

No chance. He's doing the Giro as leader then the Tour to support Froome so he'll probably be resting/training during June, or if he's won the Giro he'll probably be on the lash.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • phreak
    Does anyone know what his race programme is? I thought most Giro riders did Tirreno. Can't see Wiggins doing something like Trentino, which just leaves Romandie as preparation unless he does some of the classics. Seems a bit light.
  • inkyfingers
    Catalunya, Trentino, LBL, Giro was the plan last time I heard.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Just loking at comparison with Hesjedal...

First time he'll come out to play will be Cataluyna next week. Then Pais Vasco, the Ardennes, and Romandie.

Last year he rode TDU and Strade Bianchi as well, so he's starting late this year.
  • phreak
    Interesting, thanks.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    More info: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14376 ... rland.aspx
    Arguably the most famous climb in cycling, Alpe d’Huez, will return to the Critérium du Dauphiné this year, with race organisers ASO confirming that the iconic mountain will feature as part of stage seven to Superdévoluy. The climb will come before the ascent to the top of the Col de Sarenne, which will also feature during this year’s Tour de France as part of the first-ever double ascent of Alpe d’Huez during a single stage.
    carte-aso.jpg
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Also climb's info from: http://www.ledauphine.com/sport/2013/04 ... phine-2013
    LES ETAPES
    Dimanche 2 juin: Champéry (SUI) - Champéry (SUI), 121 km.

Lundi 3 juin: Châtel (74) - Oyonnax (01), 183 km.

Mardi 4 juin: Ambérieu-en-Bugey (01) - Tarare (69), 164 km.

Mercredi 5 juin: Villars-les-Dombes (01) - Parc des Oiseaux (01), contre-la-montre individuel de 32,5 km.

Jeudi 6 juin: Grésy-sur-Aix (73) - Valmorel (73), 139 km.
    - Une côte de 3e catégorie (côte de Trévignin, 608 m, 4,4 km à 6,6%);
    - Un col de 4e catégorie (col du Frêne, 950 m, 1,9 km à 6%);
    - Une côte de 4e catégorie (côte de la Croix, 487 m, 2,3 km à 4,1%);
    - Une montée hors-catégorie (montée de Valmorel, 1386 m, 12,7 km à 7%).

Vendredi 7 juin: La Léchère (73) - Grenoble (38), 141,5 km.
    - Une côte de 4e catégorie (côte d'Arvillard, 490 m, 2,2 km à 5,3%);
    - Un col de 1ere catégorie (col du Barioz, 1038 m, 7,1 km à 7,3%);
    - Un col de 2e catégorie (col des Ayes, 944 m, 3,8 km à 8,1%);
    - Un col de 4e catégorie (col des Mouilles, 1020 m, 2 km à 6,1%).

Samedi 8 juin: Le Pont-de-Claix (38) - Superdévoluy (05), 184 km.
    - Une montée hors-catégorie (montée de l'Alpe d'Huez, 1760 m, 12 km à 8,6%);
    - Un col de 2e catégorie (col de Sarenne, 1966 m, 3,1 km à 6,8%);
    - Deux cols de 1ere catégorie (col d'Ornon, 1380 m, 10,5 km à 6,1%; col du Noyer, 1664 m, 11,3 km à 7,2%);
    - Une montée de 3e catégorie (montée de Superdévoluy, 1503 m, 4 km à 5,7%).

Dimanche 9 juin: Sisteron (04) - Risoul (05), 152 km.
    - Une côte de 3e catégorie (côte de la Bréole, 942 m, 5,4 km à 5%);
    - Un col de 1ere catégorie (col de Vars, 2100 m, 10,4 km à 6,9%);
    - Une montée de 1ere catégorie (montée de Risoul, 1863 m, 12,8 km à 6,9%).
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I'm a fan of the Alpe BUT not sure it should feature in a race so close to the Tour, kind of kills the excitement a bit IMO.
  • inkyfingers
    I'm a fan of the Alpe BUT not sure it should feature in a race so close to the Tour, kind of kills the excitement a bit IMO.

I disagree, the Alpe in the Tour will always be special, by the time we get to it nobody will even remember the Dauphine. Do HN, DDV or E3 devalue the climbs of Flanders?

The stage that finished on the Alpe in the 2010 Dauphine was a cracker.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Think the Alpe add's something to this race, recall it being a cracking one when last included.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    it's the first climb of the day, can't imagine it will be broadcast
  • dave milne wrote:
    it's the first climb of the day, can't imagine it will be broadcast

I would guess they are doing this as a test run of the descent of the Sarenne.