Windy Monday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers,

Today is farking windy outside, which will make the walk to the bus stop interesting. Just a normal back-to-work Monday for me, then Judo and shopping later.

Also, I find out to today whertherr I'll be needing a new minion, only I'm hoping to replace the one minioon with 3...

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Revision meh continues, will be taking a short break to go ride the gay bike as the mountain bikes aren't quite in full working order yet.

Laters
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

tired today as on Saturday night my boy didn't sleep very well. so I had a 'nap' yesterday afternoon that turned into a full 5 hours sleep :lol: I then couldn't sleep last night :x

ah well, bike is in the car and i'm off to FoD after work.

laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers,

Pleasant ride in this morning in shorts and a jersey. No jacket required - let the fine weather begin! In other news it'll p**s down later, but at least it'll be warm rain (it's England - we've gotta take our giggles where we can finds 'em).

In other news, today will consist of me trying to prove I know what the f**k I'm talking about in front of a group of people. D'oh! Actually having been bored for the last week, this week will at least be busy. And short. Thursday will be my Friday! Win.

Onwards! To coffee! And possibley more coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Very windy - going to be a horrible ride home :(

Great night out last night with way, way too many shots - but don't get to see my mate from Oz much, so it had to be done. Therefore today will be painful
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning Mongs!

Today is back to the normal workmeh grind. In at 7.50 and shed loads of meetings and work to do. Not helped by the fact that I have a sunburnt dome thanks to the abnormally nice weather yesterday, or the fact that next doors 5 year old decided to do the indoor marathon up and down the stairs until past midnight.

Anyway back to the desk.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Quite a warm and pleasant morning here. Pleasant that is until I got into work. Three minions are away on a three week training course so it looks like I'm going to have to get out there and do some proper work rather than attend meetings. This is no bad thing though as the days do go a lot quicker than normal.

New shiny bits fitted to the bikes over the weekend so that should be it for a while until something else catches my eye.

Bacons free weekend but badminton, F1 and beer compensated for that.

First and second teas have had no effect at waking me so time for a third.

Later……
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    It's muggy here, was gonna ride the bike but decided not too at the last minute which meant getting changed at the last minute. No bacons.... work should go at an average pace
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Well today was earmarked as a riding day but seeing as I've done shoot all over the weekend due to going out it means I'm playing catchup today, so instead itll be gym and yoga later on once I have all my kerrap done.

Getting slightly concerned that the letting agents are struggling to contact the landlords to firm up an exact moving date at the minute too.

Anywaycant stay chatting,

Good lord...cricks..etc etc

adios
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Good morning deglovees,
    Back to the school run this morning, got a ride in both days at the weekend which was good, but the gale forces made yesterday tough, and there was a head wind on the ride out and the way home. How is that even possible?
    No bacons today, but poached eggs from my mates chickens which are always good.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Today was a 6am start as they are filming Dr Who in the Art galleries in work and i had to ferry the lighting guys around on a scissor lift. Then i got to spy them having a rehearsal and i must say the new assisstant is very lovely looking.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Today was a 6am start as they are filming Dr Who in the Art galleries in work and i had to ferry the lighting guys around on a scissor lift. Then i got to spy them having a rehearsal and i must say the new assisstant is very lovely looking.

That's pretty cool man
  • thekickingmule
    Also, I find out to today whertherr I'll be needing a new minion, only I'm hoping to replace the one minioon with 3...
    I shall be looking for new minions. Turns out that we may have to argue the need for 3, which is easy, yet we're talking about arguing with a brick wall so could be difficult.

At least one of the newbies must be able to make good tea, and bring in cakes. I can't be doing with not having these things!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Perhaps the last few glasses of red wine last night weren't such a good idea.

On a better note, I'm (hopefully) riding whinlatter on thursday!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Gazlar
    I shall be looking for new minions. Turns out that we may have to argue the need for 3, which is easy, yet we're talking about arguing with a brick wall so could be difficult.

At least one of the newbies must have ample breasts and be willing to do anything to impress the boss!

There you go...machines make tea and Greggs sell cakes but what neither a vending machine or an old woman in a cake shop are capable of doing is pleasuring you sexually, at least this is what I found out
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    Gazlar wrote:

At least one of the newbies must have ample breasts and be willing to do anything to impress the boss!

There you go...machines make tea and Greggs sell cakes but what neither a vending machine or an old woman in a cake shop are capable of doing is pleasuring you sexually, at least this is what I found out
    The problem with the area of work I'm in is that is male dominated. For my current minions position, she was 1 of 3 females that applied for the job out of 127 (I won't say why she got it... ;) ), and most the females in this are of work aren't going to get into the Girls Thread any time soon!

Greggs cakes aren't as nice as homemade ones though, but I do like the description you've put, that would do nicely ;)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    So found out why female housemate was home at 2am on Saturday night. Apparently you can get thrown out of Live Lounge - I thought this was nigh on impossible. Came back to a house full of anger last night as her and boyfriend were having a row about why he hadn't gone home with her to look after her but she had ended up coming home with a total stranger.

Busy day in work today. Assistants moving around. I have had one of mine replaced who is going to find my team a total culture shock as we have twice as many files as they are used to dallying around with and a lot of my clients are fruitloops.

Bridezilla is bothering me about bridesmaid dresses. I have now been invited for a weekend in St Albans to try dresses Saturday and watch the brother in law run his last marathon on Sunday. He has been banned from doing anymore due to shin splints, sciatica and a compressed disc. And the mothership has irritated me by implying that I am a burden who only goes home when I have nothing else to do. That may be the case but she doesn't actually need to say it out loud.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:
    So found out why female housemate was home at 2am on Saturday night. Apparently you can get thrown out of Live Lounge - I thought this was nigh on impossible. .

I would pay to get kicked out of that crap hole :lol::lol::lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon GT lovers..

Eating free chicken Enchilada at the moment, so thats win. Go for a ride tomorrow after work.

Otherwise all normal.. or as close to normal as they can be.
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:
    So found out why female housemate was home at 2am on Saturday night. Apparently you can get thrown out of Live Lounge - I thought this was nigh on impossible. .

I would pay to get kicked out of that crap hole :lol::lol::lol:

As an entry policy thats not half bad, free to get in........play awful covers band.......demand cash to leave
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    I think I'm with you on that. However it is free to get in and relatively cheap when in there. She has gone headfirst down the stairs in there previously. I remember having to scrape her up off the floor at the bottom with no skin left on her shins.

Is it bad that it's only half way through Monday and I cannot wait for the weekend? Doing my work and that of someone else's as they are now no longer here but we are not telling anyone that! It cannot get here quickly enough.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    To be fair, I did once see a band in there that was not completely awful. Once. About two years ago. Maybe three.

Monday in our Caerphilly office. Joy of joys. Shtty commute and bellends everywhere. On the plus side, got earlies the rest of the week, so off to build/ride on Wednesday methinks. New bike bits should be turning up this week as well, so will be 1x10 by the time the weekend is done.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Gazlar
    clamps81 wrote:
    To be fair, I did once see a band in there that was not completely awful. Once. About two years ago. Maybe three.

Get Out.......we have no time for such obvious lies in here ;)

In other news, my attempt at dying this afternoon has failed spectacularly, leaving me to rethink and try again with a different method later in the week
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • clamps81
    No, honestly, they were definitely passable. Well, probably. I was maybe a little drunk by that point (and indeed, why else would I be in the live lounge in hte first place?)
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• welshkev
    clamps81 wrote:
    On the plus side, got earlies the rest of the week, so off to build/ride on Wednesday methinks. .

is that at the place near my house? what time are you thinking?
  • Thewaylander
    Don't you need to wear a full enviromental suit to enter that place safely...

and drinking some liquids that are stored there isn't that well.. frankly dangerous?
  • clamps81
    Kev : It's nearish mate, closer to Hafod than anything. I knock off at 330, so probably up there for 430-5ish, think the others are going as well, but dunno what time yet. Well worth a look though, quite impressive what four people can do in five hours.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• welshkev
    the only time I've been there I ended up having a row with a lad cos his orange girlfriend nearly stabbed me in the eye with her lit cigerette. they didn't seem to get why I was peed off.

I was sober so that's maybe why I found it doubly crap. luckily the bouncer saw my side and kicked them out :lol:
  • MissCMC
    Last time I was in there someone I was out with projectile vomited down the back of a stranger and didn't get chucked out. Hence I presumed it was nigh on impossible to get chucked out of there. I've gone in there relatively sober and had to get incredibly drunk to make it bearable.

And aren't the majority of girls out in Cardiff generally Ompah Loompa orange (together with a large proportion of men)?
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:

And aren't the majority of girls out in Cardiff generally Ompah Loompa orange (together with a large proportion of men)?

Either that or they drink a lot of Sunny D, First trip out after coming back of my hols was up to Aberdare and I was so depressed as I'd paid hundreds to get away and have some sun and it appeared while we were away the valleys had had a heatwave
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Yes, they are! But they don't do the cool dances or sing in tune... in fact there normally screeching some Bon Jovi song out of tune at huge volumes...