Winter Build - Promoted!!

arlowood
arlowood Posts: 2,561
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes
Just completed my winter build project with a view to mothballing my Trek Madone 5.9 over the crappy weather months

8643132350_7b6ee8aa52_b.jpg

However I am enjoying riding this bike so much that I am seriousl;y planning on selling the Trek and keeping this as an all year round bike. Frame has the eyelets and clearance for full guards so no faffing about with Cruds or the like.

Components were sourced from Fleabay but mainly from the classifieds on this site. Only exception is the wheelset which was handbuilt by Ugo (our resident wheel guru) last year.

Frame:- Forme Longcliffe 2.0 (56cm) with carbon forks, alu steerer and FSA headset
Shifters:- Shimano 105 5700
Front Derailleur:- Shimano 105 band on
Rear Derailleur:- Shimano 105
Brakes :- Forme Branded long reach
Cabling:- Shimano
Stem:- Deda Zero 1
Bars:- Bontrager VR-C
Bar Tape:- Bontrager
Pedals:- Look Keo
Saddle:- Charge Spoon
Wheelset:- Mavic Open Pro rims with Novatec hubs (141/482) and DT spokes

Will upgrade the brake calipers in due course

Comments

• arlowood
    Forgot to add the following:-

Chainset:- Shimano FC-R565
    Cassette:- Shimano Taigra 12-30
    Tyres:- Vittoria Rubino Pro 700 x 23
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    8643132350_7b6ee8aa52_z.jpg
    8642032617_4f9a9799c0_z.jpg
    8643132350_7b6ee8aa52_z.jpg

Nice bike, had my eye on a Forme for a while but undecided between that and Rose. Is the lambo yours too? ;)
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Liking that a lot. Never been a fan of coloured tyres mind. I wish people would stop posting pictures of Ugo's wheels as the more I see of 'em the more I convince myself that I need new wheels :shock: :D
  • arlowood

Nice bike, had my eye on a Forme for a while but undecided between that and Rose. Is the lambo yours too? ;)

Hi. Tks for the comments.

Got the Forme frame on Fleabay from Paul Milnes Cycles based in Bradford:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/forme-longcli ... 257ac11e5e

Excellent buying experience FWIW. Check out their other frames if you are looking for something in that line.

And no - Sadly the Lambo is not mine - pics of my grandson (aged 11) on a driving experience day at Prestwold Hall Driving centrel
  • arlowood
    Canny lad wrote:
    Liking that a lot. Never been a fan of coloured tyres mind. I wish people would stop posting pictures of Ugo's wheels as the more I see of 'em the more I convince myself that I need new wheels :shock: :D

Hi tks for the post. Yes the wheelset was built by Ugo specifically for my Trek Madone as I needed something a bit more robust and stiffer to cope with my not inconsiderable 85kg. Swapped them over to the winter bike just to see how the bike rode with them rather than the DT Swiss 2.0 rims/Axis 2.0 hubs wheelset that I had bought off the classifieds.

I'm afraid after a couple of rides they're staying where they are. If I sell the Madone, as seems increasingly likely, it will be with the DT Swiss wheels on it.