£6000 pay rise.

13»

Comments

• jasonbrim
    jasonbrim Posts: 105
    I was in a similar position to the OP last year - was getting a decent raise and a bonus (mainly due to my crap salary before). Bought a new bike with Dura Ace Di2 and a few accessories and have slowly expanded my cycling kit since then, whilst still putting in more into my savings.

I still love my old bike thought and look after it as much as the new one, but it felt amazing to be able to afford something so lavish without having to think twice about it.

Treat yourself, that's what I say. Then think about the savings - look for a decent ISA for next year :wink:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    VTech wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Spend £1000 and put the rest in an isa.
    Watching that whopping 3% growth get swallowed up by inflation will be just such fun! :wink:

There is that but if you have available funds to spare you would be better off saving for a rainy day (it rains a lot in Europe) or knocking it off a mortgage, I took the thought that the OP didnt have a mortgage as most would just knock the extra off the balance for an earlier, easier retirement.

If i had a 6k rise it would definitely be getting used to knock of the mortgage. I live comfortably enough now - so why not get some bricks and mortar

failing that. Women, booze and bike bling, in no particular order.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    There is having a life and living a life.
    If you have the chance, live life.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    The op hasn't got 6k to spend. Assuming he is a higher rate tax payer that means 3600 per year which is £300 per month ish.

By all means save it so long as it is being saved for something and not just a rainy day. Life is too short. If you want to spend it do so. I would rather have more time off than earn more money.