12h of Exposure Course?

Caller
Caller Posts: 124
edited April 2013 in XC and Enduro
Has anyone here done any races at Wasing Park?

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I haven't seen Wasing Park but enduro courses are generally pretty tame, they're not meant to be massivly technical as the challenge is endurance rather than technical difficulty.

The ones I've ridden tend to be a mixture of singletrack, the edges of fields and farm roads through the coutry estate. They do throw in the odd chute or steep little descent but theyre not hard at all.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    They're building a load of new stuff, so previous races aren't all that relevant.

It's great fun in the dry; loamy, fast, lots of good singletrack. It's pretty crap in the wet, a mixture of nasty sticky claggy mud and more gritty stuff.

There's a couple of more technical bits that I can't imagine they'll use - put in for the National Championships last year, notable a steep, but rollable drop, and a set of log steps on a slightly awkward corner.
  • Caller
    Caller Posts: 124
    njee20 wrote:
    It's great fun in the dry; loamy, fast, lots of good singletrack. It's pretty crap in the wet, a mixture of nasty sticky claggy mud and more gritty stuff.

The way the weather's been lately, I'm getting an idea that it's going to be the sticky claggy mess you mention :shock:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    In which case it'll be utterly miserable!