CrudCatcher Not Snowdon Ride - Antur Stiniog Red Run Crash

Proutster
Proutster Posts: 785
edited April 2013 in Your pics and vids
Here's a quick edit, with some nice slo-mo, of the chase cam on the Red route at Antur Stiniog yesterday.

Note that nobody else is in sight, that's the only time I've ever left Richie63 on a descent. He'll probably bang on about it was the first time he'd done this route but....

Anyway, enjoy......

Crashy Crashy

Comments

• Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Ha excellent bit of slo-mo those cameras don't half pick up some info that you miss at full speed

As for why I was so far behind I stuffed myself into a bog and stopped for a while :(
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    superb quality. at least you caught it in HD :)
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Might I ask how you managed to go over the bars there? :P
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • fatfiend
    fatfiend Posts: 36
    I'll never tire of watching that :lol: knowing of course you walked away from it!
  • Proutster
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Might I ask how you managed to go over the bars there? :P

For some - unknown reason - even though I've done that part of the course so many times, I decided (or some small part of my sub-conscious brain decided) to have the front brake on as I landed off the little kicker before the berm.

Predictably the front wheel stopped very quickly but the rest of it, me included, carried on :oops:

As you intimated, there's no reason that should happen there - apart from when you have a total brain-fart as I seemed to.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    At least it wasn't cause some kn0bhead virtually stopped in front of you.... ;)
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Haha, fair enough!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Proutster
    DodgeT wrote:
    At least it wasn't cause some kn0bhead virtually stopped in front of you.... ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    :lol: Loving the slow-mo! Even I didn't fall there with my mincing ways. You should dhow the bit where Richie finds your camera and 'checks you're ok' ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    He was moving and making noises where the camera was still and silent. As first aiders are aware it is most likely the silent still victims need looking at first before the walking wounded :)
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg