My 2007 FSR XC Spesh

iDad
iDad Posts: 68
edited April 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Frame: FSR M4 butted 100mm travel frame with ORE downtube and sealed cartridge bearing pivots

Fork: Rock Shox Tora 302 100mm travel fixed coil spring fork with lock out and external rebound adjustment

Gears: Shimano FD-M530 Deore dual pull front and Shimano M-571 Deore LX long cage derailleurs

Shifters: Shimano SL-511 Deore 9 speed shifters

Chainset: Shimano FCM-442-8 Octalink Spline with replaceable rings and alloy outer ring

Brakes: Shimano XT M765

Wheels: Specialized double wall disc specific rims built on Specialized disc front and Shimano M-475L disc rear hubs

Tyres: Specialized Resolution 26x2.0inch dual compound tires with aramid bead (Schwalbe Hans Dampf about to be fitted)

Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead riser 760’s

Stem: Aluminium 7 degree rise stem

Saddle: Specialized BG MTB saddle

Seatpost: Specialized 6061 alloy post

Pedals/Extras: Shimano XT Trail M-505 SPD pedals, One23 Clear grips.

Comments

• tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    That would look so much better without the banana bars and mudguards.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • iDad
    I don’t mind the mud down the legs n in the face but am a bit of a wuss during the winter months with cold wet sludge up my back and crotch lol.
    They’ll be off as soon as it warms up a bit more.

The bars don’t suit the bike I know…but they were a “steal” to try the wider bars, I may get them re-sprayed if I get on with them. i was knick-named the silverback years ago so they may grow on me yet lol
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Shame about the colour of the bars, do you fing there is too much rise with them on an xc bike?
  • iDad
    The original Spesh bars had a bit of a rise, i think these are only fractionally more....maybe 10mm max but think its the colour that makes them look worse.

The yellow is a bit YELLOW!!! on such a drab grey frame lol.....i may try a full winter strip down service upgrade and re-paint it something just as in ya face lol