Saddle rail bolts?

Coxy_UK
Coxy_UK Posts: 297
edited April 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm not at home to look but have plenty of time now at work to rummage online so can anyone please tell me what bolts I need, size, etc?

I have a 2011 Canyon Nerve XC 9.0 but can't remember what saddle it has. It's just the 2 bolts the clamp the rail are all brown and I want some fresh new ones!

Bit of a noon Q sorry, but I don't want to buy the wrong thing!

Cheers
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Tides of sin draw tighter and brighter, hours become heavier and weighted, and the shadows smile...dark and wild.
<font color="blue">My Stumpy FSR Pic 1</font id="blue">
<font color="red">My Stumpy FSR Pic 2</font id="red">

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Take them out and measure them, pretty pointless exercise though.

That said, rails are usually an interference fit, don't tend to be bolted in.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't think he means what you think he means.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Dirty-Boy
    Dirty-Boy Posts: 47
    sounds like the bolts on the seatpost which clamp to the seat rails to me, M5 or M6 normally but best measure them length wise too, you can get stainless steel bolts off feabay quite cheap
  • njee20
    Seems more likely, but yes, still vary by seatpost, so the advice still stands - take them out, measure them, waste of time.
  • Coxy_UK
    Ah ok thanks, I have time to kill so rummaging online and thought I'd ask. I did indeed mean bolts which clamp from post to rails.

Why is it a waste of time? They are the only thing rusty on the bike and they are visible, my bike runs great so no harm in wanting it to look good too.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Tides of sin draw tighter and brighter, hours become heavier and weighted, and the shadows smile...dark and wild.
  • njee20
    What seatpost is it? EC70?

IIRC they're M5, probably about 30mm, the issue is that they've got pretty small cap heads with the washers that fit into the little channel in the post.

Could replace with ti if you really wanted, something like this, but I'll wager the head is too big. Could try and get stainless from a local bolt supplier.
  • Coxy_UK
    From my bad memory I think that's my post yeah, but seems the long and short of it is that I need to forget about it now and measure bolts properly when I can.

I've got a lot of Probolts laying about but no doubt none will be right, it's a nuisance paying the postage for a couple of bolts!
  • njee20
    Buy some others?