Got that itch again. Should I scratch it ?

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
It's only been 6 months since my last new frameset and already I want another.
I'm considering trading this in

20130328_131849.jpg

For one of these

CBPXN2AFOR52_P9.jpg

Not that happy with the cornering of the Cinelli and in Majorca last week it was clear to me that it just doesn't corner as well as I'd like it too.
Nearly went for the N2A when I got the Cinelli but at the time thought I don't need anything that racey (I was changing after having an Issac, which I now regret selling, and thought something a bit "easier" would be ok).
Had a quick go on the N2A yesterday and even round the carpark and service roads it was apparent to me how much sharper it was into corners.
They have one in my size for £1499 with Force and carbon clinchers if I decide to go for a full bike rather than swap my gear over. Plan A is just to swap my existing Chorus and Ksyrium SRs over but £1499 is a massive bargain so may go for the whole bike.
Anyone riding the N2A with an opinion ?
What do you reckon guys ?

Cheers
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Hi Galatzo.
    Might be interested in your Saetta frame set if you end up selling, as I've been after one for a while. I could never work out if I needed a medium or large frame (currently have a Roubaix with a 54.8cm eff TT, and a Tifosi winter bike with a 55cm eff TT) - how did you find yours for sizing? The N2A looks great by the way!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • galatzo
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Hi Galatzo.
    Might be interested in your Saetta frame set if you end up selling, as I've been after one for a while. I could never work out if I needed a medium or large frame (currently have a Roubaix with a 54.8cm eff TT, and a Tifosi winter bike with a 55cm eff TT) - how did you find yours for sizing? The N2A looks great by the way!

Thanks for the interest, unfortunately it's a small, 52.5 top tube.

Do you really like the N2A or were you just eyeing up the Saetta :wink:
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    That top tube on the Cinelli looks like its about to touch the floor!

Not a big fan of that slope. Should have gone for the Planet X first time around. Much better looking bike.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    Maybe set yourself a distance or time target for existing bike before considering a change. I am doing that with my bikes of say a year or 2k miles before anything new
  • goonz
    frazered wrote:
    Maybe set yourself a distance or time target for existing bike before considering a change. I am doing that with my bikes of say a year or 2k miles before anything new

2k miles and then a new bike?

Blimey, you made of money?
  • Its just a case of knowing what you want from a bike, i'd say after 2 months or 500 miles you know if you want something that rides differently or better. Cornering, stability etc all differ with different types of frames.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • goonz
    Its just a case of knowing what you want from a bike, i'd say after 2 months or 500 miles you know if you want something that rides differently or better. Cornering, stability etc all differ with different types of frames.

Doesnt this turn into quite an expensive project though? A bike loses quite a lot of value second hand so trying to find your ideal bike could set you back quite a fair whack of dollars?
  • pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    frazered wrote:

mmm, 3 new bikes a year! :D
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    What would you want for the Cinelli anyway?
  • galatzo
    I scratched the itch......
    Pics later and details later, gotta go to work :(
  • galatzo
    What would you want for the Cinelli anyway?

PM me with an offer !
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Are you selling bike complete or just frameset?
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    First off the Cinelli is a great bike - i have one.

Secondly - Go scratch that itch. I have done this time and time again and lost loads of money in the process. My view now is there are seldom significant differences between decent mid range bikes and that fit is more important than anything else. The way the bike looks helps in keeping you interested but its the riding thats important not the kit. That new bike feeling lasts for at least a week :lol:

Good luck but i cant help thinking you will look back one day and think of all that dosh and where did it go. That said the PX is a nice bike.