shaving

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
Semi serious question. How high do you go? Is there any benefit in going all the way?
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Are we talking face or legs?
    I have what they call a high forehead. It goes all the way to the back of my head. So I just shave the lot off.

As regards legs, do you not find that if you leave the stubble it tends to ladder your stockings :?: :oops: :lol:
  • simonhead
    Legs, balls etc
  • ballysmate
    Apparently shaving your balls can boost performance. The DDR women's athletics team used to do it all the time.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Apparently shaving your balls can boost performance. The DDR women's athletics team used to do it all the time.

Not a huge performance gain though. Only about 5W at 23MPH.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Just use hair removal creme.

You have to apply it liberally to your undercarriage as the hair is more stubborn.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Just use hair removal creme.

You have to apply it liberally to your undercarriage as the hair is more stubborn.

I like what you are TRYING to do, but FFS DO NOT PUT VEET NEAR YOUR NADS!!

Im sure we have all read the Veet for men review on Amazon

Sorry Alihisgreat, I cannot let you go through with your evil scheme.
  • ballysmate
    viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12900043
    Smoggy, under this thread you would have been banned for having a conscience :wink:
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    If you have never been there, you cant understand the pain. Wouldnt wish it on anyone.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • ballysmate
    goonz wrote:
    Can't believe I haven't come across this before. Funny as feck. Reduced me to tears of laughter. :lol:
    Thank you Goonz :!:
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    Ballysmate wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    Can't believe I haven't come across this before. Funny as feck. Reduced me to tears of laughter. :lol:
    Thank you Goonz :!:

Me neither. I nearly choked laughing!! :lol:

I told my wife to read it ..........she just went "hah!" in a half- hearted way right at the very end. I couldn't chuffing believe it??

We are really poles apart when it comes to sense of humour. Or is it because it is a bloke thing?

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Gary D wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    We are really poles apart when it comes to sense of humour. Or is it because it is a bloke thing?

Poles apart Gary!

Simon - Just up past bib short level.

Reason - Can't be bothered with the effort of going any higher on the legs and the GF aint bothered.
  • goonz
    I take it right up all over my manhood and belly and leave my chest. Need some hair but then again I am quite hairy and dark haired so it just wouldnt look right having a bunch of hair on my thighs when every where else is bare.

I dont shave as I dont think I could stand the stubble all over my body, just trim it with the clippers right down to skin level. Wife loves the look. And my muscles (all of them) are so much more pronounced.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Just dunk yourself in warm hydrochloric acid for 3 seconds. Make sure you hold your nose because those pesky nasal springy one's are apparently quite useful. Eyebrows add wind resistance but the acid will sort them out.
    ...and, if you don't like the colour of your bike, take it in with you.

You have to remember that most of the inhabitants of East Fife were dipped in HCL when they were christened, that explains them.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • simonhead
    So the leg shaving had mixed results, started of by using the clippers to cut down the hairs to a managable size, this was great amusement to our 2 kittens who wanted to help by playing with the balls of hair and spreading them over the dining room. When i had finished that i grabbed a can of shaving foam and liberally applied it to one leg, i nicked one of the wifes lady razors and started shaving away. This was going well until the doorbell went, so i ran to the front door with one leg half covered in shaving foam, there was a guy wanting to read the electric meter which is in the garage. Wearing only a pair of shorts and still half covered in foam i grabbed the car keys which have the garage keys on and shut the front door behind me so i didnt let the kittens out. As soon as the door had shut i realised that the keys were the spair set and didnt have the front door key on them. So after showing the electricity guy the meter (who was laughing his head off) and locking the garage up I had to knock on our neighbours door to grab the spare key. I rang the bell, no answer so went and waited in the porch until either the neighbour or the wife turned up. Our neighbours 25 year old very attractive daughter pulled up and was greated by an overweight, half naked rugby player, plastered in shaving foam locked out of his house. Gonna take me a long time to live this down.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Superb. Did the vicar's trousers fall down as well? :)
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    simonhead wrote:
    greated by an overweight, half naked rugby player

It's muscle - all rugby players are heavy therefore the usual rules don't apply to us. I've been playing for 37 years and I've never met an overweight player - some of us just have more muscle than others and that in some fairly odd places
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Why do you shave?

Why would you want to shave?
  • alihisgreat
    Navrig wrote:
    Why do you shave?

much easier to deal with road rash.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Navrig wrote:
    Why do you shave?

Surely better not to fall off?

Presumably it gives you a speed advantage too.
  • alihisgreat
    Navrig wrote:
    Navrig wrote:
    Why do you shave?

Surely better not to fall off?

Presumably it gives you a speed advantage too.

I wasn't trying to fall off but crashed racing so....
  • alihisgreat
    Just had a nice hair removal creme session after letting my road rash heal from a few weekends ago.

Forgot how temperamental the stuff is :roll:

Did the 24hrs test yesterday and it stripped off the small patch of hair no problem - fast forward to today and my legs are covered in horrible patches :?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Napalm also does the job. Or a good chicken phal.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Anyway, enough of this tat.

Any chance of some piccies of the daughter's norks?
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Yossie wrote:

For those that were following the story, it was the neighbours' daughter ;-)

Here's a print I made earlier:
    FallenMadonna.jpg
  • goonz
    Yossie wrote:

:lol: This really could have been taken out of context!
  • simonhead
    Yossie wrote:

Next time she is over seeing her parents I will get her to pose with the jubblies out just for you.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Almost every crash I ever had on road or dirt involved losing some skin from arms AND legs. Despite this I see some VERY hairy roadies in the arm department.

Comfort for pro-level massages aside I think it is purely a vanity exercise for the rest of the the cycling population.

I'm out.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Waxing every six weeks or so. Legs, bum, stomach and other allied bits. My beautician won't do the tender bits unfortunately but I would veet for sensitive bits if I felt so inclined. Can't stand body hair ...