Le Gets/Morzine - 7th-14th July

Hierotochan
Hierotochan Posts: 108
edited April 2013 in Holidays
Hi there,

anyone else going to be around then?
Just booked a week away with Alpine Elements in Le Gets & am looking forward to a bit of proper riding.

Anyone else got tips on what to take out in my rucksack daily/a place to get some warm-up jumps&gaps in before trying the big stuff at the end of the week? I've read that the Chatel park is sick...

Any advice would be helpful,

Cheers!
Welcome to Hoogerland, Population: Heroes.

Danny Hart; How does he sit down with balls that big?

Comments

• Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    Keep an eye on this thread for any updates about the Le Pleney lift:

http://ride.io/forum/index.php/topic,266545.0.html

I would take some spare brake pads just in case and plenty of clothes as you never know what the weather will do.
  • Hierotochan
    Thanks for that, sounds like a right old mess.
    Hopefully it'll be up & running, don't fancy much uphill on my DH bike!

Going to order some new pads from Superstar or Uberbike soon.
    Would you recommend bringing a spare set of tyres, or just putting some new ones on before I go? Is there much chance of slashing one open on the trails there, or will my no-tubes get me home?

• Dave_P1
    Tyres are expensive out there so I would make sure you have good tread to start with.
    Assuming your using a tyre designed for those kinds of tracks you should be ok, but I guess it's down to luck. If you want to get serious you could take some mud tyres just incase it rains, but you don't have to do that. I've always used one set of tyres in the past come rain or shine and just got on with the job in hand and had a great time.
  • Hierotochan
    I'm much the same! I'm got a set of Onza tyres (Ibex/Cannis I think) on there, DH 2.4 on the front & FR 2.25 on the rear. I use the same ones for all weather & just mess about with the PSI on the day.

Might get a set of spares if I can afford some, need to pop in & get some tubes anyway...

Really like the look of the area & have been there in the winter for some snowboarding, but is it feasible to spend the day in Chatel bike park & ride back to Le Gets? Or better to catch the last lift?

• Dave_P1
    I've never had a problem getting from Le Gets to Chatel in a day and back. It's worth starting out a little earlier as it gives you more time to play and a less of a rush to get back again.
  • Hierotochan
    Great, thanks for all the advice!

• gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    Just about to post a seperate thread, worth noting that it looks like The Pleny lift will be shut this summer!