Torm

philwint
philwint Posts: 763
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
I bought a couple of jersey's and a base layer off these guys a couple of weeks ago.

http://torm.cc/products.html

Fantastic garments, I can't recommend them enough. Comfortable, well featured, and in this continuing chilly weather very warm (I was out yesterday in jersey, base layer, arm warmers and endura wind proof gillet).

And best of all they buck the trend of the usual garish cycling clothes that (to my eye) make most of us look a bit silly, and a bit racer wannabe. lol

I'll be wearing moine of the road and MTB, and will probably stock up on a few more.

Top kit at a sensible price

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    philwint wrote:
    I bought a couple of jersey's and a base layer off these guys a couple of weeks ago.

http://torm.cc/products.html

Fantastic garments, I can't recommend them enough. Comfortable, well featured, and in this continuing chilly weather very warm (I was out yesterday in jersey, base layer, arm warmers and endura wind proof gillet).

And best of all they buck the trend of the usual garish cycling clothes that (to my eye) make most of us look a bit silly, and a bit racer wannabe. lol

I'll be wearing moine of the road and MTB, and will probably stock up on a few more.

Top kit at a sensible price

They nicked the style of Rapha, who bucked the trend of the usual garish cycling clothes ;-)

You can't beat a bit of wool mixed fabric though. Beats pure synthetics any day!
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Half the price of Rapha though.
  • May as well buy Shutt and support a british company.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • philwint
    May as well buy Shutt and support a british company.

But they are twice the price, and twice as garish!
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Superb jerseys I have tried most but torm for me all the way.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    I've wanted to buy them but can't get any clarity on the size. I'm bang on the m/l borderline and just don't know which to get - I don't want one too small and don't want one too baggy.
  • philwint
    pkripper wrote:
    I've wanted to buy them but can't get any clarity on the size. I'm bang on the m/l borderline and just don't know which to get - I don't want one too small and don't want one too baggy.

By both, send one back?
  • These guys are based in Broadstairs ,Kent(St Peters cycles). Lovely kit,good prices and service.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    pkripper wrote:

I'm exactly the same at around a 38 inch chest. Been looking at these jerseys for a while and the sizing is the thing that always stops me for pressing the buy button. Think I'll give them a call and see what they recommend.
  • muzzan
    muzzan Posts: 203
    Erm being the slightly impulsive sort(and in a kind of mindless money spending frenzy since getting the new bike) I ordered one of the T8 Jerseys last night, really like the retro look. Went for a large after using their sizing tool. Can always swap it I guess, though they know how to charge for postage, nearly £6 for a jersey. Bet its nothing like that to return it if need be.

Anyway, if the quality is as good as it looks, will be decent value I think, cheers for the heads up.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    May as well buy Shutt and support a british company.
    are Torm foreign then?
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    We're definitely British, its just me and Al and we operate out of the local bike shop we own in Broadstairs Kent.

If you need any help with sizing just give us a call on 01843 865769 or mail me on mail@torm.cc.

As for postage and packaging we charge £5.40 for a jersey for delivery in the UK of which £4.10 is the cost of First Class Recorded Post. Or it's free if you come down and visit us!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I am usually a S in most but I was also dubious about sizing so never pulled the trigger. Total knock off Rapha but so much cheaper so worth a punt.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I have a Torm jersey and it is definitely my favourite in terms of looks. In the warmer weather it does not wick sweat away as efficiently as my more synthetic tops, but it remains comfortable despite this. No idea if Rapha's Sportwool is any better in this regard.
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Looked at these several times with the intention of buying but stock always seems to be poor but will keep looking as kit looks good.
  • natsnoz
    natsnoz Posts: 235
    I have a T5 long sleeve jersey and its great. Size works well, washes well and looks great. Arm warmers are also great value. Found them helpful and will purchase again when i need a new top.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Anyone got their base layers? Interested in getting some.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • philwint
    goonz wrote:
    Anyone got their base layers? Interested in getting some.

I've one and will get a few more. They are much thicker than a usual base layer - more like a t shirt. They are made from the same weight materiel as the jerseys. So very much a winter layer. I was out in mine today + a jersey and a wind proof gillet in freezing west yorkshire. And I was toastie.
  • Torm
    goonz wrote:
    I am usually a S in most but I was also dubious about sizing so never pulled the trigger. Total knock off Rapha but so much cheaper so worth a punt.

If you need help with sizing just let me know and I'll make a recommendation.
  • Torm
    Brian1 wrote:
    Looked at these several times with the intention of buying but stock always seems to be poor but will keep looking as kit looks good.

As we keep the company deliberately small we don't always have stock of everything but we do currently have most things in stock. Our next big drop is in May when we have some new colour combinations and a new colour.
  • I've got three Torm jerseys (2x short sleeved plus 1 x long sleeved) and two pairs of arm warmers. The quality is great and the look understated and classy. Would love it if they started doing bib shorts as well.
  • Torm
    I've got three Torm jerseys (2x short sleeved plus 1 x long sleeved) and two pairs of arm warmers. The quality is great and the look understated and classy. Would love it if they started doing bib shorts as well.
    I won't be making any bib shorts, or caps, or coffee cups or anything else. It's just going to be jerseys and base layers, I want to make sure I keep improving the quality of those.
  • Alston251
    Alston251 Posts: 60
    I'm tempted to get one but am worried about the fit because i hate baggy jerseys.
    I know that a size small castelli and capo jersey that fits me well, if that's anything to judge by.

Also, I think you should put full length zips on more of the short sleeve jerseys.
    Will you possibly make sleeveless base layers in the future?
  • Torm
    Alston251 wrote:
    I'm tempted to get one but am worried about the fit because i hate baggy jerseys.
    I know that a size small castelli and capo jersey that fits me well, if that's anything to judge by.

Also, I think you should put full length zips on more of the short sleeve jerseys.
    Will you possibly make sleeveless base layers in the future?
    The jerseys are a body cut so are designed to be worn snugly (is that a word!?). I have an XS size in some jerseys due this year to ensure we provide options for as many people as possible.

We have long sleeve base layers due next month and I would certainly consider sleeveless base layers for next winter.

We do need another long zip short sleeve jersey, me and Al are working on it, but there is only 2 of us!
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Hi Torm both jerseys I am interested in are out of stock. Is it possible to set up email confirmation when back in stock. Thanks
  • Torm
    Brian1 wrote:
    Hi Torm both jerseys I am interested in are out of stock. Is it possible to set up email confirmation when back in stock. Thanks
    Sure it is, I do it all the time, and I also set jerseys aside for customers who ask me to!

I regularly update on stock using Twitter and Facebook if that's your thing, but it doesn't suit everyone.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I will be putting in an order for a New Jersey this week :D
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Very tempted by a T2 and T5 jersey, was going to get a Rapha Classic SS but my just get these instead!
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    I have a T5 jersey and love it. I'll be getting some short-sleeved jerseys soon when they're back in stock e.g. black medium T1
  • Torm
    Mechanism wrote:
    I have a T5 jersey and love it. I'll be getting some short-sleeved jerseys soon when they're back in stock e.g. black medium T1
    They will be with us next month with some new ones...do you want black with white stripes or black with yellow stripes!?!