What Canyon Ultimate CF frame colour

Gabbo
Gabbo Posts: 864
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
Really can't decide what frame colour I should have gone for (already ordered). My previous bike was black, so I do feel that in purchasing a new bike, it's good to have a change in colour. The white Ultimate CF frame has Canyon.com printed everywhere, whereas the black frame is just black. Apparently it marks a lot easier too, but I'm unsure of what finish it has.

A stupid way to determine what frame I'm going for, it is, but just out of interest what colour frame would you go for?

ultimate-cf-9-pro_c1013.png
ultimate-cf-9-pro_c1025.png

The purpose of this poll is purely out of interest, nothing else. It won't determine what colour I will chose and the choice has already been made. :-D

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Gabbo wrote:
    The purpose of this poll is purely out of interest, nothing else. It won't determine what colour I will chose and the choice has already been made. :-D

in that case, go for a red one.
  • Do they do Katusha team colours?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Gabbo
    Do they do Katusha team colours?

Only for the SLX. The Ultimate CF only has two colours
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    The carbon black goes a weird cloudy look apparently. Mate has one and it looks like its faded. Not saying they all do but his has. I would go for white. Great bike mind, regardless of colour.
  • Gabbo
    The carbon black goes a weird cloudy look apparently. Mate has one and it looks like its faded. Not saying they all do but his has. I would go for white. Great bike mind, regardless of colour.

Thanks for this info, had heard something of a similar sort happening to the black frame. Is it a matt finish?
  • oceheb
    oceheb Posts: 124
    It would be best to see both bikes in real. The white's canyon logos are not that bad as they looks on picture, but that jus for me, I dont care much, because when you ride you dont see the color :)

Just from first ride and it rides really nice, very shooth, more comfy that allez. The feel is more 'direct'. Very hapy about bike, but it was very cold and windy.
  • http://instagram.com/p/XfBiIHAChc/

The black looks pretty great in person I think. Better than the white.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 477
    white for me every time. it really cleans up well and i would agree that the logos dont look that bad in the flesh.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    White if you're running Campy gear. If you have Shimano or SRAM black looks better. Just my 2 cents/p/centimes.

Reason being Gilbert's last 2 years on Omega Pharma. He made a white Canyon with Recond legendary!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Gabbo
    Actually really surprised to see the white frame easily outweigh the black frame in this poll.

I agree with whoever said white goes well with Campy. Very nice colour contrast from the groupo and the frame. The black to me is lacking in character. It'd look better with a black saddle and bar tape but then again that's heading toward a stealth look, which also lacks character somewhat.

I take it the black is matt finish and white is gloss?
  • oceheb
    oceheb Posts: 124
    Yea, the white is glossy.

The white into a wild (sorry the pic is from the phone)
    20130331142846cr.jpg
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    I bought black because I thought there were too many Canyon.com logos on the white one, it's overkill.

If they'd done a white version with the same level of branding as the black one, then I suspect that would have been my first choice.

I still think the black looks great though - stylish and understated without trying to look "stealth".
  • Gabbo
    I reckon black bar tape and a black saddle would go perfectly with the white frame. Want to avoid white overkill, and a white saddle and bar tape with a black frame does not go nearly as well imo.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    jeez it's your bike, it really is up to you surely, why are you worried about what other people think?
  • Gabbo
    giant man wrote:
    jeez it's your bike, it really is up to you surely, why are you worried about what other people think?

Jeez, because I'm curious. Jeez
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    White's probably heavier... :wink:
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Interesting post this for me, as I'm planning on ordering a Chorus version very soon. My gut reaction is to go black and to change tape and saddle to black ASAP, but what I've read about matt black carbon makes me nervous. I do like the white, and the decals don't bother me in the slightest. Not a fan of White saddle and bar tape too, though. I'd not thought about black saddle and tape on a white frame. Hmm...
  • Gabbo
    Interesting post this for me, as I'm planning on ordering a Chorus version very soon. My gut reaction is to go black and to change tape and saddle to black ASAP, but what I've read about matt black carbon makes me nervous. I do like the white, and the decals don't bother me in the slightest. Not a fan of White saddle and bar tape too, though. I'd not thought about black saddle and tape on a white frame. Hmm...

You could enquire about a saddle and bartape change?

The white, from what I've seen, definitely goes better with Chorus!
  • jonny_trousers
    Nicked from Gazzaputt here. Rather nice!

dscf6002x.jpg
  • jonny_trousers
    Gabbo wrote:

You could enquire about a saddle and bartape change?

The white, from what I've seen, definitely goes better with Chorus!

I had no idea that was possible! Cheers!

Funnily enough, despite being naturally drawn to black, I woke up at about 5:00 in the morning a few days ago thinking, white! It has to be white! before deciding on black again later in the day, sigh*
  • Gabbo
    I'm not entirely sure whether it is possible, but you can only try.
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    Definitely can't get the saddle and bar tape colour changed, I emailed Canyon to ask them about black tape and saddle on my black Ultimate, the response was a resounding "Nein"
  • jonny_trousers
    Definitely can't get the saddle and bar tape colour changed, I emailed Canyon to ask them about black tape and saddle on my black Ultimate, the response was a resounding "Nein"

Ach Himmel!I thought as much. Never mind, it would probably have added another fortnight onto delivery, anyway.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    WTF ... CAMPY ???? its Campag you cretins :evil: Bloody americanisms creeping in all over the place.

PS. White on Campag 8)