saw a guy on a mountainbike yesterday....

scott-s30
scott-s30 Posts: 45
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
....riding along the hard shoulder of the M4 motorway near the Highcross junction in Newport :shock:
I was on the canal which runs parallel then goes underneath the M4 and up to 14 Locks.
Maybe a case of following his Garmin too faithfully?

Comments

• Were you in a boat?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Between you and me, I would put this thread on 'Crudcatchers' forum - maybe they know him/her.

PS - Pictures of the incident would add a bit of spice to this thread - just ask Ezyrider.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • scott-s30
    scott-s30 Posts: 45
    Sadly no pics or video, one of those times you really wish you'd had the helmet cam on!
    No boats on that part of the canal, I was riding on the towpath, same direction as the guy on the MTB.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    That reminded me of the african team at the commonwealth games
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327

It baffles me how they turned up without any bikes. A slight flaw if you are entering a cycling event. I might try it at a sportive, instead of spending £1000's on that Cervelo I've always wanted.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315

I told them that someone would take pity on them and that their machines made out of old coat hangers and dustbin lids weren't up to the job.

However, the preperation for the snooker world championships in 2014 are going well, we have put together a youth development programme and invested in a slightly better table. We are looking forward to seeing you in Kisumu unless it rains.

8610216025_fd569d206f_z.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Should get the ref to clean the cue ball. :lol:
  • I've seen someone on a bike being picked up half way up the QEII Bridge (Dartford Crossing). I don't think he was on the road side of the barriers, but still not allowed.