Boonen out of Paris-Roubaix

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited April 2013 in Pro race
Tom Boonen will not take part in the Paris-Roubaix event next week.Omega Pharma Team Doctor Yvan Vanmol said it will be 3 to 4 days before "Tonneke" can ride again and the team plan to rest him for 10 days.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    It's a shame.

Two years in a row we've been robbed of the Canc Boonen duel.
  • To be fair, he was never going to win so it's prob for the best. I jut hope he has a good Tour to make up for it, as the Worlds is not for him
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    edited March 2013
    To be fair, he was never going to win so it's prob for the best. I jut hope he has a good Tour to make up for it, as the Worlds is not for him

Think he'll spend most of the Tour leading out Cavendish, if he even rides it.

Shame he's missing Roubaix though, even out of sorts he could have at least mixed things up.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    Won't be in the Tour.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Early bath then.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Sh*t he'll be leading out Cav won't he? What's he got t aim for then, for the rest of the year?

The Muur stage of the Eneco Tour? The Tour of Poland? Stage wins in the Vuelta?
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Shame he won't make it, but think the team said he still had a bad leg from last week? So sounds like it correct he would perhaps not have been up to form.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • rick_chasey
    Sh*t he'll be leading out Cav won't he? What's he got t aim for then, for the rest of the year?

The Muur stage of the Eneco Tour? The Tour of Poland? Stage wins in the Vuelta?

Beglian champs.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Eneco Tour, Belgian Champs, maybe Vatenfall Classics?