Should I split or sell as one?

Ben1901
Ben1901 Posts: 16
edited March 2013 in MTB general
Hi I'm not asking for a value just people's opinions I've got a 2010 banshee x I've upgraded various parts, bars stem tyres and rear mech and shifter to an x.9 I've barely used it to be honest, should I sell as one or split it and sell the parts separately?.

Cheers

Ben

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends what you call upgrades.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ben1901
    Well the rear shock is a rock shox ario, the rear mech and shifter are x.9 the bars are Easton ea50 and the stem is an Easton havoc, the rest of the parts are standard but that does still mean they are bomber 55r forks and sun rim single track rims so not poor by any means
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Given that most of the parts weren't very good to begin with, i'd just sell it as it is. You won't get much money for most of the parts, if you even manage to sell them at all.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Ben1901
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Given that most of the parts weren't very good to begin with, i'd just sell it as it is. You won't get much money for most of the parts, if you even manage to sell them at all.[/

A simple "sell as one" would have sufficed don't see why Criticising it is necessary but I see what you mean cheers bud
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    If they are the 55r forks with the travel spacer you could sell them separately as 160mm which might make them a bit more popular, can't remember what rims are on that model but they might be worth a punt, especially as the front has 20mm hub iirc.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    If I had said that, surely you would have wanted to know why...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • 97th choice
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Given that most of the parts weren't very good to begin with, i'd just sell it as it is. You won't get much money for most of the parts, if you even manage to sell them at all.

Actually their spec has been pretty brilliant for the selling price, if the frame wasn't so heavy they'd get a better rep.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Ben1901
    The rims are sun rim single tracks, and I agree the spec for the money is really good :D
  • 97th choice
    I would just watch a few on eBay and see what they sell at, then work out what you think the parts would go for.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Ben1901
    I think that's what I'll do, I'm not in mad rush to sell it, just might as well as i never ride it, I only use my hard tail so I can make bit of money to spend on that!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As an indication my Son bought a Banshee X for some bits to take off it for his, he sold the remains of a stock bike (he had the brakes and upgraded bars and stem off it as well as good tyres - so was selling his stock bars/stem and brakes) for over £300. Many bikes are worth more in bits than whole, more so with Carrera's as the 'lower name badge' reflects the bike value, but an X5 rear mech is worth the same whether it comes off a Carrera or a Spesh.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Part it out if you have the time. Forums first, eBay whatever is left with 99p starts. My 2009 Trek 4500 fetched about £230 in parts late last year. I'd have got nothing like that for the whole bike.
  • Ben1901
    Awesome thanks guys, I think I will end up splitting it to be fair, really appreciate your opinions