Finally! I'm on Street View...

napoleond
napoleond Posts: 5,992
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
Near the top of Artist's Lane, Alderley Edge in me Lampre kit. Been waiting months for it to go on.
I'm made up with this far more than when I've been on telly. :D

Let's have your pics!

AE523AEE-54F3-4080-B6E0-4DE4F3BD10D3-978-000000B07EC3F5AB_zps43370e0c.jpg
Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
ABCC Cycling Coach

Comments

• big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    ?ll=53.554859,-3.041279&spn=0.000821,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.554966,-3.04132&panoid=xjI4Lf8UeeI5dbxu-wOnHg&cbp=12,328.63,,0,11.97

i dint know how to make the image show directly, but i found my van on there, it's been on for years.

just right click on image and view.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Near the top of Artist's Lane, Alderley Edge in me Lampre kit. Been waiting months for it to go on.

Let's have your pics!

I'dlike to see your Garmin to work out how far you chased the car to make sure you were snapped! Demand royalty cheques from Lampre and Cervelo
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I suppose you were on a little bit of EPO to match the gear as well! :D and to keep up with the damn car!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    NapoleonD wrote:

Let's have your pics!

Yeah, much better that the Crimewatch pic :)
  • napoleond
    Believe it or not I've been on crime watch!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ballysmate
    Did it lead to your arrest then? Or were you someone taking part in a re-enactment?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I am no longer ashamed to wear trade kit, especially since its not pink and blue.

Is it me or is your bike too small for you? Oh, and your llower legs look very girly and skinny. Sorry.
    \What have you done/did you do to be on telly ?

Eggs+suck+you+granny+teach+can't+your+to... but wear mitts in future case you have an 'off', okay?!

And another thing - if you had been going as fast as some people suggested, your picture wouldn't have turned out blurred so bloody well get out on yer bike more. I bet the photographer goes to work that way every single day of his life and only has one shot of you.

See, the price of fame - you just get sh1t flung at you from all directions.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • napoleond
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Did it lead to your arrest then? Or were you someone taking part in a re-enactment?

I was the custody officer charging and remanding someone with murder when they were doing a documentary about a case from start to finish.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    I think that was the only time I've ever ridden without mitts or gloves on!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ballysmate
    Nice one, skip!
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    NapoleonD wrote:

Let's have your pics!

Bike fit on the shopping list? :wink:
  • napoleond
    andi1363 wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Let's have your pics!

Bike fit on the shopping list? :wink:

Pedal precision on Friday.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 477
    Nap, thats a great snap. i was concerned about a potential clash with the lampre colours and your strawberry blonde mane...
  • napoleond
    I was at the top going for my PB up that hill, saw the google car coming the other way but it was too late! I was blowing out my backside, just a few meters from the top!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    You don't look anything like your avatar. I am disappointed.
  • napoleond
    Lucan2 wrote:
    You don't look anything like your avatar. I am disappointed.

This better?

NapD1.jpg
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mikeeye
    mikeeye Posts: 162
    Eggs+suck+you+granny+teach+can't+your+to... but wear mitts in future case you have an 'off', okay?!
    +1 - worked for me:

7901373920_6ba4091b20_m.jpg

;-)
    If you still don't know what recursion is, read this sentence.
  • napoleond
    As I said, possibly the only ride I've ever done without mitts. They've saved my hands many times! Just wish they'd saved my leg/back/shoulder too...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Is it me or is your bike too small for you?

Lol. I was thinking that. Either he's a very big fella or he's riding a midgets bike.
  • mikeeye
    mikeeye Posts: 162
    NapoleonD wrote:
    As I said, possibly the only ride I've ever done without mitts. They've saved my hands many times! Just wish they'd saved my leg/back/shoulder too...
    It seems that the irony wasn't obvious. My hand was a mess - two weeks later:

8010315067_db94ac4999_m.jpg

I still wear mitts, but am under no illusions about the protective properties of lycra :lol:

Great streetview pic though NapD. I've just looked all along the A9 where the google car passed me, but I'm not there :-(
    If you still don't know what recursion is, read this sentence.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    You didnt line up your wheel decals 8 out of 10.
    ;-)
  • napoleond
    This pic has taken 7 months to appear!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

I was the custody officer charging and remanding someone with murder when they were doing a documentary about a case from start to finish.

I don't have a Crimewatch on my CV but I do have local tv spots whilst on scene guard for a murder and another for a ram raid. The murder one got an email from the Chief saying how professional I looked!

Unfortunately at the ram raid the camera caught me explaining for about the 20th time that day that "no Sir, I'm afraid you can't use the cash point" Member of public "why not officer?" me "because Sir it's been ripped out the wall and is halfway across the road and even if it wasn't in the middle of a crime scene, I really don't think it's usable" member of public "but I need money! What am I going to do? Me "if you walk 10 metres that way Sir, I'm sure your card will work in that machine" member of public "oh are you sure?" unfortunately the camera caught my frustration although I'm sure my crew mate and the camera man were putting them up to it! Also got my pic in the local rag for that as well, looking pensively at the cash point in the middle of the road!
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Oh and I forgot to mention was filmed twice by Traffic Cops although neither job made it to air.. (to be honest both were rubbish jobs although one was a RTC where a cyclist was hit by a car and saved by his helmet when his head hit the floor. Paramedics words not mine. Isn't there a thread on here bout that somewhere? :D )
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 865
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

I don't have a Crimewatch on my CV but I do have local tv spots whilst on scene guard for a murder and another for a ram raid. The murder one got an email from the Chief saying how professional I looked!

Unfortunately at the ram raid the camera caught me explaining for about the 20th time that day that "no Sir, I'm afraid you can't use the cash point" Member of public "why not officer?" me "because Sir it's been ripped out the wall and is halfway across the road and even if it wasn't in the middle of a crime scene, I really don't think it's usable" member of public "but I need money! What am I going to do? Me "if you walk 10 metres that way Sir, I'm sure your card will work in that machine" member of public "oh are you sure?" unfortunately the camera caught my frustration although I'm sure my crew mate and the camera man were putting them up to it! Also got my pic in the local rag for that as well, looking pensively at the cash point in the middle of the road!

Lol. It is funny what some idiot members of public say & do at crime scene cordons. The amount of people who try to get under the cordon tape or ask why they can't just do this or that is ridiculous. Also, when people ask really really stupid questions I just reply "Oh, we just felt like putting this cordon tape up for a laugh", just to see their reaction & the penny drop. You have to understand that a lot of people in Wood Greennam & Tottenhamistan are horrible excuses for human beings & hate us so it doesn't really matter what we say to them. As long as it doesn't involve any gang members being shot.

I digress. I think there was some footage of me on the news at the St Pauls Occupy London protest. I was the officer who nicked the last unwashed hippy who was in the tree. So many press cameras around i was nearly blinded as i was walking him to the van & you wouldn't of known it was me as we all look the same with the riot helmet & stuff on! Fun times...
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    NapoleonD wrote:

Let's have your pics!

jeez look at that tw@t .... :wink:
  • PedalPedant
    PedalPedant Posts: 185
    Me too! :D

http://goo.gl/maps/eksbU

I saw the car last September and it's taken this long to appear.

I cannot describe how chuffed I am about this :D

PP
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • napoleond
    Hooray! Save the image for posterity!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    Just had a look around my local streets and was astonished to spot my mum, she is pleased to be pictured in the street she has lived in all her life
    screenhunter01apr060837.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • napoleond
    That's ace!
    ABCC Cycling Coach