easter sunday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
morning you load of hunts

2nd time I have done this thanks to crappy computer/pebble

first morning in the holiday log cabin and its freezing, having stayed in this type before we know its crap heating rather than design.

Great pub a mile away was visited last night, but its 214 ft climb back up to the cabin (according to the garmin) and in the dark with son number 1 cycling and number 2 in the trailer - the wife isn't too keen, so it looks like lunches going forward.

1am last night we were woken by number 2 son being sick, so he came in the bed with us. I bet him a pound he couldn't be sick on his mother - at 3am this morning he earned his money!

Today is local area as we explore, but rest assured - we will drink

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Was your son sick becuase you were making him drink?

Morning Losers!
    Happy Zombie Day! I have to do churchy things today as it's the world I live in. Get to have free foods though, so it's got win in it.
    Can't say I like the clocks going forward at all. That sucks massively, especially for that moment when you're not sure if your alarm is telling you the correct time or not!

Anywho, tea and frosties are being consumed.
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Was your son sick becuase you were making him!

Water out of the dog bowl - its free in the pub
  • Happy Easter crud butts

Today will be spent doing a quick ride followed by the pub, I will be in no fit state later today.

Taking the t'other half out with me today or "t'other alf" for the Lancastrian dialect police, she is trying to make excuses because our eldest who is 23 by the way has been in and all night keeping me awake and her worrying.

I don't know if other mothers out there worry the same with there kids when they get to this age, my mother was quite happy to let me do what I wanted. Mobile phones are partly too blame for my lack of sleep with the hourly check in.

Anyway enough of my ranting coffee awaits, happy Easter egg hunting
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Off down to PB to grab the bikes today, then back up here to chill a bit, maybe do some revision. Back at the vets tomorrow, not that chuffed, quite fancied a day of doing fark all but as they're mostly shut it shouldn't be that taxing and hopefully they'll be able to help with some of my revisions.
    I don't know if other mothers out there worry the same with there kids when they get to this age, my mother was quite happy to let me do what I wanted. Mobile phones are partly too blame for my lack of sleep with the hourly check in.

Mine doesn't give a shit what I'm up to when I'm down at uni, when I'm back home she's a fucking nightmare. In fact last night we had a rather nice arguement as she expects me to find a job near home and move back in when I graduate for at least 5 years or so... now given I'm going to be nearly 25 when this happens I told her to fuck right off, after 5 years away at uni I think the last thing I'll want to do is move back in... I also mentioned my plans to try and get an internship in NZ afer I graduate which didn't go down well either :lol:

In short. Mothers = nutters.

TTFN
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

Off down to PB to grab the bikes today, then back up here to chill a bit, maybe do some revision. Back at the vets tomorrow, not that chuffed, quite fancied a day of doing fark all but as they're mostly shut it shouldn't be that taxing and hopefully they'll be able to help with some of my revisions.

Mine doesn't give a shoot what I'm up to when I'm down at uni, when I'm back home she's a ******* nightmare. In fact last night we had a rather nice arguement as she expects me to find a job near home and move back in when I graduate for at least 5 years or so... now given I'm going to be nearly 25 when this happens I told her to fark right off, after 5 years away at uni I think the last thing I'll want to do is move back in... I also mentioned my plans to try and get an internship in NZ afer I graduate which didn't go down well either :lol:

In short. Mothers = nutters.

TTFN

I have since found out he is nesting his mother phoned him 5 mins ago, as far as i am concerned that is what all young lads should be doing, thats probably what he was doing through the night apart from when phone calls were interuptting, i can picture his face now :lol:

As you said, Mothers = nutters.
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Win today as a fire and gas alarm overhaul has resulted in a morning off to do what we wish.

Back home tomorrow with a 6am check in so well happy with that

New camera arrives on Tuesday so should have a couple of days to play with that before the weekends trip to Snowdon
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I have a hangover
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Afternoon Creme Egg Munchers,

Got stuck into a bottle of Drambuie last night and feeling a bit fuzzy round the edges now :)

This kid being sick business might be connected with the amount of free chocolate as mine decided she'd throw her guts up last night - twice. So had a good sleep in to compensate for that and the sodding clocks going forward and have now been out to get tins of soup for lunch as that's all junior can eat...

More work beckons this afternoon so I'd better be up for a humungous bonus come next month!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon monkey lovers.

Nice ride out today, kinda weird as body says its 4.30ish and the world says 5.40 :P light evenings ahoy! every part of Cwm they have worked on is now a mud bath and not draining the building skills of professionals sigh...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Evenin' jock cockies

The last two days have been spent in the garage with the ongoing racer build. It's still going onwards, slowly. Every little step foward brings us closer to getting out and thrashing it's little tits off. Suh-weet.

Will try and get out on the bike tomorrow as the weather promises good things, however, how many more times do you have to tell people that the Cannock trails are shut? S**t, is it that difficult to grasp? Seriously.

In the meantime, I'm covered in weld and grinding dust, so I'm grabbing a shower, then I'm stuffing my face with chocolate. Nom.

Onwards! To clenliness! And cocoa products!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    noon wet wipes

Will try and get out on the bike tomorrow as the weather promises good things, however, how many more times do you have to tell people that the Cannock trails are shut? S**t, is it that difficult to grasp? Seriously.

Cannock shut,Peaks shut !!!!!,ffs the one time i get three days of riding strung together(so far this year)everything starts closing,so its either Cannock off-piste or Sherwood Pines or put the Mountain rescue on stand-by and risk the Peaks