RVV- SPOILERS

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited April 2013 in Pro race
We're underway!

Now, who's got a feed?
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• Dowsett trying to get in the day break!

Has a gap of 30s with Zak Dempster and Flanders GPS unit Andreas Klier.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Any feeds yet goat?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Any feeds yet goat?

My rudimentary Dutch informs me that the first part of Sporza's programme (0900-1000hrs CET) was Belgium only. All the dodgy feeds from steephill are showing football now. However, they're back on at 1100 CET so hopefully something soon.

@gietvangent
  • They had a feed of the sign in but nothing for a couple of hours (well, one hour now)
  • CN reports Boonen down... and has packed.

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Did Tom Boonen fall off at the beginning? I read something inbroken english on a ticker site
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Reports that Boonen is out already. Stopped for a toilet break and crashed when moving back up through the field apparently :?
  • Anyone know where there's a live feed at the moment?

Boonen really has had a shitty 6 months. I predict another "pissed and coked in a bar" incident shortly. He's probably getting a might narked...
  • Sporza with video of the fatal wee-break

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Boonen confirmed as out of the race and is being taken to hospital. So his season is basically a write-off already.
  • Eliot Lieter of Topsport looks like he's out too after basically knocking himself out.

@gietvangent
  • 4180127699.jpg

@gietvangent
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Boonen confirmed as out of the race and is being taken to hospital. So his season is basically a write-off already.

I know they're professionals and this is really important for his team, but you wonder how much additional damage riders do struggling on when the race is basically over. I get it during a stage race, but in a one day?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Milton50 wrote:
    Damn!
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Klier, Dowsett and Dempster about to be caught.

@gietvangent
  • Lefevre tweeting
    Het voorjaar van Tom Boonen is afgelopen.

Which I think means Boonen's spring is over.

@gietvangent
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Anyone have news on ladies race? Or is that for another thread?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Sorry to hear about Boonen, shame that his attempt to follow up his fantastic year last year has been de-railed by illness and crashes. I don't think he could have won, but might have been able to at least mix it up for Chavanel.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • https://twitter.com/EurosportUKTV/status/318293796385329152

Eurosport keeping up with events then...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Might lose my poise for a minute if Eurosport is a nanosecond late going to the bike race.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon wrote:
    Might lose my poise for a minute if Eurosport is a nanosecond late going to the bike race.

There is no way they're starting on time. A new frame of snooker just started. It's the 6th in a best of 19 game. :shock:

@gietvangent
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Snooker doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Lefevre tweeting

That is exactly what it means. The spring for Tom Boonen is finished. No Roubaix then.

7 minutes to go until coverage resumes on Sporza.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    The referee is measuring to see if the pink will go back on the spot.

20 million watched this sport in the 80s

LOL
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Lefevre tweeting

That is exactly what it means. The spring for Tom Boonen is finished. No Roubaix then.

Not that we're counting...

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Sporza starts in 10 mins....as i type that the rolling news has just started

Be there soon boys and girls!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Lefevre tweeting

Not that we're counting...

'Tis important, I'm on tea making domestique duties until 13.00, the pot is currently brewing.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    If you slide the black button to `live`,its on.

:D
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Sad to see Boonen out.

Would have loved a Boonen, Sagan, Cancellara battle. Maybe next year.

What would he target later in the year? What's the Worlds circuit like?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    What would he target later in the year? What's the Worlds circuit like?
    It's not one for Tom. Pretty hilly.
    Twitter: @RichN95