Schumacher speaks

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2013 in Pro race
Stefan Schumacher. Les langues commencent doucement à se délier. Après, Michael Rasmussen, c'est Stefan Schumacher (Christina Watches-Onfone) qui a décidé de passer aux aveux. Dans un entretien accordé à Der Spiegel à paraître dimanche, il admet pour la première fois s'être systématiquement dopé durant sa carrière. "Le dopage devient partie intégrante du quotidien, comme un plat de pâtes après l'entraînement, a-t-il reconnu. J'ai pris de l'EPO, des hormones de croissance et des corticoïdes. Je me suis mis dans un système. Je n'en suis pas fier, mais c'était ainsi". Celui qui avait porté le maillot jaune du Tour 2008, sur lequel il avait été contrôlé positif à l'EPO Cera charge tout particulièrement son ancienne formation Gerolsteiner en qualifiant de "complètement fou" le recours aux produits illicites dans cette équipe.

-Interview appearing on Sunday in Der Spiegel
-Admits systematic doping
-Daily part of his life just like eating
-EPO, HGH, Corticoids

stefan_schumacher_2008.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Anyone know where Mark Schmidt, the Gerolsteiner Dr at the time is working now? Was at Milram, dunno now.

Despite what Holczer says, it's seems implausible that so many people getting busted for the same drug in such short a time was anything but orchestrated from within the team.

Nice that Schumacher's finally come clean though, if a few years too late. Barriers to speaking out have dropped now the biggest name's out of the closest.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Link to the Der Spiegel article here (in English). I'm sure this is linked to a current court case in Germany concerning Hans-Michael Holczer and his time at Gerolsteiner.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-cyclist-stefan-schumacher-admits-doping-a-891695.html
  • Fair enough, not much unknown, and didn't he fail a test in 2005 too? I'd like to have heard what Schumacher said about his time a CWO. Unlike Rasmussen, he's not been shepherding home the field and been relatively successful. Well possible non doped, but just to clear the air.

When do the Ullrich likes stop pussyfooting around with implicit hints and just admit?